Anxiety after Gallbladder Surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had my gallbladder out for 5 months. I have been super anxious since then. I exercise everyday and do yoga a few times a week. I've been getting tightening in my chest, pain in my stomach and nausea everyday.Does anyone else feel this way? Is there anything else to try?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie.

i just had mine out 26 days ago it was full of puss and gangrenous and I had a 2.3cm stone stuck in the gallbladder neck for 3 years and I've been to hell with it.

im having some pain under my right rib intermittently and on and off nausea and the anxiety!

and a mild to moderate upper mid stomach pain like a tightening or a gripping type pain maybe like a punched in the stomach type of pain it's hard to explain, is this what you are experiencing Natalie?

and if so , do you think we could be over thinking it all and the stomachache type of pain and nausea is actually being caused by anxiety?

what do you think.

regards.

• Posted

It sounds a bit like you have been over doing it ie exercises every day;; i was told just to do deep breathing exercise, slow down a bit, we have had an operation,pulled about, take it easy,  all best
  • Posted

I'm with you... just had mine out 4 weeks ago and I feel like crap. I feel like I have a lump in.l my throat full of bile or puke. I literally feel like crying. Does this go away?!?! My anxiety is through the roof! I hate living this way!!!

• Posted

Sorry your having troubles Chelsea.

How are you doing now ?

Has it got better or worse.

• Posted

i thought i was alone. I had my gall bladder removed a year ago. and its been a week that i have this dull pian, tightness under my right rib , mid area intermittently and on and off nausea.

Is this due to gall bladder removal or something else? my doc saif it may be a ulcer and he is book me for an endoscopy to see whats going on.

if anyone had the same issues and know what is causing it ...please let knkw

• Posted

Mine came out two years ago and i have had nausea/diar on and off and some ache under upper right ribs.  Was hoping it would just be something that would,pass but i am now really down about it and very anxious.  Dr had suggested it was ibs but now wondering if i need to look at post cholecystectomy syndrome.  She doesnt want to put me through tests if unnecessary but its affecting my life and the nausea is becoming a bit too frequent for my liking.   I do try to stick to a plain diet but even that isnt always successful.   Just dont know what to do.
  • Posted

my gb removal is about 12 months now,since op always had discomfort stomach area,cant bear anything touching area, had a scan,have been told to do some deep breathing exercises some thing to do with my top chest muscles not tightened up,??,will keep all informed the outcome, but i hasten to say, i feel a hundred times better than before op, was in agony,
  • Posted

I am having days of nausea, then diarrhoea, low intermittent ache under ribs and dr is now treating me for anxiety.  The physical problems are stopping me from doing what i want and im very frustrated.  I hope its not a post gallbladder syndrome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.