anxiety again!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi again ladies , i know many of us suffer with anxiety  at this awful time in our lives, but it is hard to be rational when i feel so anxious. I was in the bath and happened to notice my upper abdomen  moving/pulsing . I have been having  aches under both ribs recently and decided to google( stupid of me ) freaking out!!!!. I  now think my abdominal aortic valve is  bulging causing the pulsing i can see. Can any of you lovely ladies  also see their  abdomen pulsing when you lay down  just below the diaphragm, it is really worrying me. I am also having bowel problems  ie bloating and going more often but, i am eating a lot more fruit than i used to. Thanks in advance. sad

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda, NO I haven't noticed that and I'm NOT going to look! lol!

I think your pulsing probably has more to do with your bowel issues and maybe you have some rolling gas in there. If you are worried, call the doctor, but I really think you are OK. I try to complete ignore every new thing that pops up right now because I know my hormones are totally wonky. And I don't want to go down the anxiety rabbit hole again. I think that just made everything so much worse for me. Don't do it Amanda!

I'm glad you are eating fruit, that's so good for you. Since I don't have a gall bladder (casualty due to my anxiety) some fruit can go right through me, maybe that's what's going on with you? Try and eat it after a meal. 

XOXO

• Posted

IM just like that. I only shower and no way will I look anyhow, I dont need another health worry. Im mgoing through a lot now and am insane with anxiety. Go to your Dr or it will drive you crazy. Stop looking at google, resist at all costs, try not to pay much attention to all sorts of bodily signs etc and meditate daily. Otherwise you will end up like me. Believe me you dont want to.
    • Posted

Lana, i hear you and worry i am close to a break down myself, i am going to try and stay away from google and try to take up a hobby to focus my mind, thank you x hope your anxiety eases xxx 
  • Posted

Hi Amanda,

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, and I can see exactly the same thing. I'm lying on my bed right now and I can see the pulsing just below my diaphragm... I honestly think it's always there, it's just when you get hyper-sensitive and SEE it, you can't un-see it and the anxiety goes into overdrive. I get this thing where my body seems to go into slow motion and 'freeze' for a split second (I can't describe it) and that freaks me out, too, and makes me assume all kinds of things - but 2.5 years on, I'm still here to grumble, so I try to tell myself its all hormones!! Big hugs!! Annie

• Posted

Thank you Annie, i have made my poor husband lay down and can see his  move too, i hate feeling like this x
  • Posted

Hi Amanda YES, YES YES.  ; It feels as if my heart is in my abdomen. Last year my GP was very concerned that I may have abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)!   They referred me to and MRI scan.  One night before the appointment it was so bad along with other symptoms I ended up in A&E thinking it was a bout to burst and had an MRI scan. They even prepared all my veins for a possible operation in case I came out of MRI with a confirmation. But thank goodness it was all normal. Before meno I never ever had anything like that. When I lie down I feel my abdomen going up and down very fast. So scary. Especially if you push it down with your hand you feel the force. It is still the same. Time to time it still freaks me out despite being given all clear. Hope yours is the same and nothing to worry. But I think it might be best to get it checked. All the best

• Posted

Oh Imagine, i cried reading your reply, thank you for taking the time to  reply. I feel like a freak, i am never away from the GPs, i am considering changing GP practice as they must have written in my notes  health anxiety woman in massive letters, i always say sorry for troubling you Dr when i walk in, i feel embarrassed but, at the same time these aches , pains, pulsating feelings etc are real. I struggle to rationalise these days but, must try harder. last night i got my husbanf laying down and i can see his also moving so , i will try and calm myself and see how i feel. thank you x
  • Posted

Hi Amanda I understand your fears totally because last year I convinced myself of all sorts of dire diseases I googled every symptom and what a state I got myself into!!!! Just DON'T google I'm all for gaining knowledge about our bodies but it really takes you down a path to feelings of impending gloom and doom if you are not in the right place in your head at that moment of reading whatever potentially life threatening illness it might be ...those weird and wonderful powerful hormones distort so much in our heads well they did me and still try to do now but I literally let it wash over me it's sooooh hard at times I know but I refuse to feel scared all the time it's such  a massive drain on our precious energy!! Maybe you are pushing out so much adrenaline with anxiety your strong resilient heart is having to pump a bit more than usual which then makes you feel more anxious which sends out more surging of more adrenaline it's just a cycle and you can break it !!! Everything from the neck down on my body looks weird these days it's all gone North ,South East and West I've had strange rashes on my legs funny looking skin things I do not recognise myself anymore but hey it's all ok we will all get through this and come out the other end !!! If you are really worried seek some advice but honestly I'm sure you are absolutely fine !!!

Anyway take care sister I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow do time to take my cellulite ridden backside to bed!

Nighty nite all the best !! X

• Posted

PS The bloating and acid reflux are typical at this time too!! Having to deal with awful acid reflux which just hit out of the blue !!! At least we are all out here to support eachother and that's so lovely !

• Posted

I am sitting here wondering how I got to this point where I’m worried about everything.  I can’t remember having these concerns years ago - I suffered with heartburn and IBS due to a stressful job when I was younger - really suffered - but I never worried whether it was bowel cancer or some other deadly thing!  I just suffered and got on with it.  Compared to then I’m in a much better place, physically, but the small ailments I have are worrying the life out of me!

I’m currently going through an overhaul - to check everything is okay.  Ultrasound found nothing to worry about - but then I’m thinking about all the things that can go wrong with your body that aren’t going to be detected by blood tests, ultrasound, colonoscopy and gastroscopy, stool sample.  And even if these tests covered everything that could be wrong, six months down the line I’m going to be worrying that something could be growing since then!

Why am I so worried??? Each sad story I hear really saddens me.  Every tragedy I read about in the news makes me think ‘i’m next’.  I would really like to switch off and just enjoy this life while I can.  I’m 54 now and healthy and fit (ish).  I accept that things are slowly going to get worse from here - aches and pains.  I suppose this is a new chapter and we’ve all got to get used to it.

• Posted

Hi jc, i too never bothered about anything but, i too wonder why i have become an anxious wreck. it is playing havoc with my health and well being !
  • Posted

Dear Amanda

If your worried just get it checked out, health anxiety was horrible for me in peri, where I lost weight due to gastitis I got fixated on bones in my feet which I seemed to notice and muscles in my arm which stuck out more due to weight loss, I got things checked out which helped with the anxiety xx

• Posted

Although it would s always wise to get things checked out instead of ignoring, it can cause more anxiety because often more screenings are done and if something is found, which is probably nothing but needs to be checked just to make sure it leads to more tests. I'm in this whirlwind and anxiety is uncontrollable because I'm constantly being sent for more checks. I've had a lump biopsy in breast after mammo and US, all was fine. I had biopsy of uterine lining due to post menopause bleeding, all was fine. I bled again, had a hysteroscopy and biopsy, all was fine. Then I got dizziness for a year now. I had an MRI and they found no reason for dizziness but found a benign tumor that either will be just monitored or will be removed, don't know yet, and certain bone changes. So I need a CT head and bone scan....I'm trying hard to keep my routine but actually inside I'm a huge mess of panic. I'm thankful that so far everything has been fine, and lucky so far. But it leaves me traumatized. Still, countt blessings. Some have it much worse. Meditation helps even when it seems impossible that anything can help.

• Posted

Oh dear Iana, how awful for you i truly hope all is ok and feel for you with all the worry you must be experiencing. I too worry that if i go to the  GP and  get a scan it could cause me more anxiety, it is a terrible time. x  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.