Anxiety, Agitation, Moodiness and Prozac

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have tried two ssri's so far and both have yielded similar results. Both make me teary, agitated, more depressed, foggy and anxious. I'm presently on 40mg of Prozac with 15mg Deplin; a B vitamin that is supposed to enhance the ssri. When I had genetic testing done, it showed that ssri's aren't a good fit for me but I chose to take Prozac thinking it would relieve my dp/dr and it has to an extent but I still struggle with irrational fears and agitation, apathy and a general lack of motivation. I've been extremely tearful and wonder why. I'm not bi-polar. My dx is Panic Disorder and Major Depression. Would anyone know why this tearfulness and inability to function; it has severely compromised my life. I live in constant anxiety..and can't function. I desperately need to return to work as I have a 14 year old to support but can't function at all. My psychiatrist is a pompous jerk and the pcp's don't seem to know their butts from holes in the ground....any similar stories or symptoms shared would be appreciated.

1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

This is why many don't use meds and prefer therapy. Meds aren't for everyone, and that's not bad thing, therapy is generally more effectiven the long run

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your input; I was actually inadvertenly thrown into this cycle of mayhem. Before it, I was on nothing but did suffer panic and anxiety. I believe that had I been educated that what I was experiencing was a panic attack and I was not dying, I could have dealt better rather than to endure almost a year of medicinal suffering. Thanks for the comments!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Many cant use ssris. If your tests said a poor fit you cant use them. Thise tests test metabolize the medicine so you cant force it, your bidy cant utilize it the way its intended. There are other classes of meds you can use. Tricyclic anti depressants or maoi. 

Psychiatrist can be great or really suck. So if you have one you dislike you need a different one. Thats a fact. Not an old timer, outdated one either.maybe a new psych can help you way better.they are more updated and up for the challange.

Im sorry what you are going through. I cant use any if the meds except an emergency xanax and it is okay at times and ot so good at times. But mine is physciall illness based then i what if and it can get rough on some days. Really rough as you know already.

Theres a lot of guilt intertwined in all this which is so unfair but until the world accepts this, figure  it out and can reset it all we have to forge on somehow, and its is difficult at times.

a positive mindset is obviously helpful but you have to feel positive too. You cant just want it, or say it thats useless..

meditation, mindfulness, yoga ..whatever resonates with you, a good therapist you like  is a good mix. Maybe seek an  alternatives to ssris 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up