Anxiety all day,,,!,

Posted , 13 users are following.

Well it's 00.21am and I feel totally normal..calm...no unwanted negative thoughts or if they have passed my mind they have just faded away without even having to try. Most nights I feel like the day I had happened to somebody else.

I'm a mess most days. My head struggling and wondering if I will make it through. I'm frightened and either rushing around keeping busy to distract myself or  sitting with the anxiety trying to let it pass over me.

Will all this level out at some point? I mean why am I in such a state all day long and then feel at night like I was never ill.

I'm sat here now thinking that tomorrow I will cope but yet tomorrow comes and yes I get through it but I wouldn't say I cope.

I suppose I should think myself lucky that I'm managing to get some ok time. Is this a sign that my meds are working? 

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also read always about pains in chest or can't breath in don't have this but all restbrealy bad pins needles tingling sometimes my legs just go sleep numb can't even stand on it sick feeling constant in my middle stomach no energy teeth numb tingle metallic wierd wish you all best day possible just rant want answers try see if relate can't think positive try but it wins
  • Posted

Hi Gillian,

I'm the same as you - struggle every single day, all day with pain, dizziness, horrible scary thoughts etc then by the evening (around 10pm) I feel totally normal, like I suddenly got over it all! Only for the next morning to wake up feeling absolutely terrible again! It's a nightmare. But if your like me and worry about illness or something being medically wrong, then this should put your mind at rest because if it was something serious, the symptoms wouldn't disappear! I'm not on any medications so maybe it's not the meds and you are just having rough days and good nights!

Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

I don't have health anxiety Charlotte although my anxiety did start because of a health issue.

That has been resolved but I am still full of anxiety. It was like the health scare was the tip of the iceberg from months of stress. It probably could of been anything. Think I was holding on by a string with anxiety waiting in the wings,waiting for a vulnerable moment xx

• Posted

I'm also anxious all day racing thoughts negative thinking, blurred vision strange head sensations then come evening it lifts and I think il b fine next day then bam it starts all over again, I feel I wish my days away now sad
    • Posted

Maybe we feel like this on a evening because 'the day is done' kinds of thing?
  • Posted

Hi Gillian I always look for your posts because the support you give other people is amazing . Just wanted to say I've just had a good week and I feel things are really settling down now .  I've got up each morning without my head going 100 mile an hour a few blips but nothing major and I was like you I felt fine at night  then when I woke up in the morning BAM off we went again . I just feel like the last 4 months I've been to hell and back so it will get bette! It as got better you and everyone on here will get better just hang on to the ok time your having  take care! Be STRONG xx
    • Posted

Thank you so much Amanda.

I try to give support on my experience of anxiety/depression 13 years ago and how even then I felt I'd never return from the dark,scary place I was in. I did,stronger and better than ever....Even though I'm going through it again now and have them fears again,,it helps talking about that time because not only does it reassure others,it also reminds me that it is possible.

I love helping and feeling that just maybe I helped somebody through a bad moment.

Thats why I love it here. We all get and we all want to help xx

• Posted

I am like that.  A total mess in the mornings, and by the evening I feel no anxiety at all.  It must be something to do with our bodies, but don't know what.  A mystery to me.  I am not on meds though.
    • Posted

Your doing great Anne. Better than the majority of us if you are getting by without medication.

I do hope you make a speedy recovery.xx

• Posted

It took a month and a half for my SSRI to kick in. It was hard to be patient with the wait. Also I would have anxiety during the day and it would somewhat vanish at night. For me, everything is so quiet at nite and no rushing around. I pick up on other peoples moods and make them my own sometimes. I'm very empathic. Maybe you are too?

good luck and have a nice day💜

• Posted

Thank you Rose.

Thats the hardest thing I'm struggling with right now. The only thing I feel is guilt....that I am not being all I should be. My son hasn't got his mum,yes I'm in the room but I may aswell be a million miles away. My mum and aunt are both going through some tough times and I want so much to be there for them,telling them it's gonna be ok but I don't have the strength. 

I know I'm here chatting to you guys but it's different than being here having people depending on you,needing you and you can't.

I am so preoccupied with how I feel that I find it hard to even sit long periods with them because I feel so detached.

Its a long,hard road.......Wish it was the yellow brick road...I'd ask the wizard for a new brain smile

• Posted

Hi Gillian

I know this is an old post but just wanted to know if you feel ok now?

I started feeling nauseas and anxious 6 weeks ago it's really frightening. I wake up every morning with this anxious feeling and nausea it lasts all day. I can't eat as I have no appetite and even the smell of food makes me feel ill. The evenings are a little easier. I've been to the doctors several times for different tests and they say everything is normal, but I have convinced myself there is something wrong. I'm really struggling as I live alone I send all day in bed,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.