anxiety all day

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anxiety last all day or come and go. I felt pretty good all week but then the weekend comes along and I don't feel like myself. Dr increased meds on Friday could that be the cause feels like I first started the meds. Flouxtine 20 to 30. I love this group everyone is so helpful and I don't feel like I am all alonesmile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I haven't taken any meds other than ativan for anxiety as needed and not on a daily basis, but I've noticed that anxiety can come and go as it pleases. I've had it last day in and day out and I've had it disappear all day then snack me in the face as soon as I fall asleep. It's very difficult but have faith in yourself and know it will eventually get better. 😎
  • Posted

Hello Tracy , both anxiety and medication increase can cause u to feel like crap. I have anxiety that comes and goes all during the day off and on but I have had an Anxiety attack last for almost 2 days. That was b4 I was diagnosed and went on meds. Of course I thought I was gonna die , but I have learned that even though anxiety sucks it will not hurt me. Hope this helps hun.
    • Posted

Thank you that helps a lot. I am glad I am not the only one sometimes it feels I am all alone. Yes this helps....thank you.
    • Posted

No hunny , u r far from alone.I know b4 I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder I always felt alone. After suffering with anxiety and depression along with PTSD for at least 17 years now I have read every book , googled every symptom , went to the hospital countless times and even had spells of being house bound for up to 6 months at a time I can Defently relate to how u feel and think. Luckily I have learned for the most part how to deal with anxiety due to having to be strong for my 16 yo who has anxiety, depression and PTSD also. My daily meds consist of 250mg of Zoloft and up to 3 mg of xanax a day if I need it. My time of the month is about the only time I have to take 3 xanax a day. Other than that I guess as sad as it is to say I have learned how to live with anxiety. If there was only a miracle drug to make it go away.
  • Posted

Well, I think you should give your meds a little more time. Try to do different things on the weekends. Plan something special just for you or with a friend. It will give you something to look forward to on the weekends and may quiet some of your anxiety.
  • Posted

Hi Tracy, I take propranolol for my anxiety, with myself as I can only speak from my experience that there is no time limit on anxiety and everyone is different, there is no right or wrong answer sometimes mine may only last half an hour or real anxiety and I try to keep busy but I may feel this way several times throughout the day. Maybe try exercise like swimming it's very good mentally and for your body to relax, do you have alot of free time on the weekend is this why you may become nervous, maybe you have more time on your hands and could potentially be focusing on your anxiety more? Good luck, best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.