Anxiety and breathing trouble

Posted , 2 users are following.

lately i have been getting a feeling of not being able to breathe deeply, out of nowhere i feel like my lungs are unable to bring in any air and feeling like im going to stop breathing, is it just anxiety or could something else be wrong

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

sounds like anxiety to me. Shortness of breath is a very common symptom of that.

are you having any thing in your life causing you stress or anxiety? Work? School? Relationships? Family? If so, this could be exactly why you’re feeling that way. Sometimes there is an underlying anxiety that we are not even aware of that causes symptoms. The key to managing this is getting the anxiety under control. That could mean speaking with a therapist who can help you sort this out. When you need immediate help with the breathing, there are many great meditations on YouTube for proper breathing with anxiety. They really help you calm down and begin to breathe the right way.

but My suggestion is always when somebody has new symptoms, I my suggestion is always when somebody has new symptoms, have a check up with your doctor for your peace of mind,.

you Will be OK. Millions of people are suffering with anxiety, in fact it’s the main reason that people speak with therapists. You just need a little support right now and figuring this out. Take care!

• Posted

right now i don't have anything different going on that is any different from other days, i have felt this way other times and my dr told me everything is ok, i just woke up a little bit ago and feeling slightly dizzy and nauseated, i took my blood pressure and it was 123 over 69, my blood pressure reading helped me feel a little more at ease because i would think if something was wrong i would have had a higher number

• Posted

is there something in your life causing you anxiety? This could possibly be the root cause for all your symptoms. Also have you had any blood work done? Sometimes we can be slightly off on something and that can also cause some symptoms but if you have a history of anxiety and stress then this is the most likely cause.

your blood pressure is great. When doctors tell us there’s nothing wrong after we’ve been checked out, that usually points to anxiety and stress. Doctors told me nothing was wrong and I had so many symptoms I was terrified! But that was over 30 years ago. It’s hard for doctors to treat stress except with medication so that’s why speaking with a counselor is a good idea. they see this on a daily basis .

try not to overthink this because then we can get an a pattern of going over and over in our mind and causing even more symptoms and anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.