anxiety and depression.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need help.this is the first time I've posted on here.for the past 6/7 months I've been under alot of stress and change with giving up my job and flat for uni,moving in with my mother and then getting a new job and flat in the last five months.especially in the last two months I've become very anxious and after a few weeks depressed as my doctor feels.I was given sertraline two weeks ago but I didn't like how they made me feel,I've been back since and am having an over the phone analysis in two weeks for a psychiatrist. I've felt very detatched from life,alone,isolated,thinking life isn't real and generally feeling scared,though going to uni was something I've missed out on before,I'm 25 in march.I'm in the city I've wanted to move back to for two years before I did so,and I'm closer to the family I love,adore and they're so amazing

amazing.I feel like I'm going mad as it seems too good to be true and thats what scares me the most.I've got to the point where I think life isn't worth feeling like this,and that I'm doing things out of habit and because I should,when all I want to do is stay in bed.I overthinking everything,and very hyperaware of everything around me.I've also got to the point where I want to run away,but I know my problems will follow me,of taking an overdose or something,but I know how much I'd hurt my family.last Wednesday it got too much and I went to the samaritans and spoke to them,which helped so much,but later in work as I was dealing with delivery I put a scissor blade to my arm without a thought because of how emotional I was and that Id had decreasing amounts sleep for the week before.in ny head I screamed what are you doing and put it back down.I'm just so scared,I want to live and be my normal self before all this,bit at times I just want to die but im scared of death.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've lost all my confidences and assurances,and I was ill with a cold/flu for six weeks and have had two migraines.
  • Posted

Hi

I know where you are and its not nice is it however easy to feel opting out is a solution try imagining you are in that film ghost where you can see everyone's sadness tears

you say you have fab family etc do you want that on their shoulders

I'm saying this as I've been there you are in crisis and the only solution is to get help and get it now

phone your local mental health team speak to the duty mh person say you are in crisis you need help now you have considered this or that tried this and that and really feel you will not hold on for very long

you can go to ae but unless you go in via ambulance chances are you won't get help

or hang on See gp try short amount of diazepam whilst sertraline kicks in it does make you v tired but if you start at 50 mg you should be ok and by 4-6 weeks really feel good in between request psychiatrist and psychological cbt etc talking therapies

just hang on because you'll lose that uni place life work and everything if you don't

if you ring Samaritan and say you are then they have a duty to help you don't be ashamed of asking for help because if you'd broken your leg you'd scream for help and you've broken your head

hope this helps

• Posted

Totally agree with Gillian. It will take at least 4-6 week's for sertraline to

kick in. I take sertraline and the benefits of taking it does out weigh any

side effects.

It's great that you have a good family, could you talk to any of them about how you are feeling and get some support.

It's hard sometimes to see a light at the end of the tunnel, but things can change and be better it just takes time. I hope you get the treatment you need soon.

• Posted

I agree with Gillian,mo think u should carry on with the sertraline, they do make u feel worse before u get better and do take a while to start working. I've been where u r and if I didn't have my son and family that I love I would not be here. I was anti med but had to get help for the way I was I feeling. I've been on sertraline now for nearly 6 weeks and for the past 3 days I have felt good. Ask for help if u need it, and in the mean tme while u wait for treatment there r free online cbt. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.