Anxiety and Depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been on Setraline for 3 weeks then had awful panic attacks,the doctor has upped my medication from 50mg to 75mg just feel a little better but was wondering if anyone else has just started on Setraline.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vivienne

I started on 25mg of sertraline while tapering off mirtazapine,I am now up to the maximum of 200mg,it seems to be working a bit better now.

It can take up to 6 weeks to kick in

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

thanks for your reply i started on 25 mg for 3 weeks then uped to 50 etc  i am off work for 2 weeks as the doctor said to see how i go on as i felt panicky, i hope i am ok soon. many thanks Lynne xx
  • Posted

I upped my dose to 200mg 3 weeks ago....sleeping, eating much better, doing more, going out more. Just need that heavy low feeling to lift. Fingers crossed it will happen soon.
    • Posted

hi iris i am feeling a bit better today but still goin to see doctor to see if he will up it as i was weaned off paroxitne about 5weeks ago then gradually uped my dose, so on 75mg but need it higher.  is there anyone else who has came off paroxitne?
  • Posted

Hi I started off on 100 mgs of sertraline,  but after a few weeks it wasn't helping so it was upped to 150 mgs.  I find this much more effective for me.  Your doctor can try upping it again until s/he finds the right level for you.  x
    • Posted

hi how long have you been on sertraline and does it take time to get into the system, many thanks
    • Posted

To be honest vivienne I can't remember.  I presume the usual time of around 4-6 weeks.  I have been on them for around 7 years now and find they work well for me.  x

• Posted

It takes a week/10 days to get into your system, you might start noticing improvements after that time but you might also get side effects for a few weeks too. Try to keep busy...small tasks....I've read 4-6 weeks to feel full benefits, but also read 8 weeks
    • Posted

i have been off work i week and need to get better iris, i am goin to ask doctor to up it to 100mg tomorrow i am feeling a bit better still get panicky but not as bad. i just hope these are the tablets for me!.
    • Posted

5g is just an introductory dose. Yes, do ask for an increase

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.