Anxiety and depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all, new member. Have been dealing with severe anxiety since I was 15 but since 2014 been treated using a wide range of medication. Some to be honest make me feel even worse. I feel so alonevand what to give up.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello nadia

Go back to your GP and discuss your needs, do you feel trapped if so you need help to control your anxiety and depression

There are other treatments that can be available to sort your mood,

You are always welcome to return and gain support although you need to know what the reasons  your condition is effecting  you

BOB

• Posted

Hey Bob,

Thank you for your help. My gp juat changed my medication. To see if anything changes. Ive done everything from joining the gym and being careful with my food. I know the main source of my anxiety and I am tryong to over come it but im juat letting myself get to a dark place

• Posted

Oh please don't give up but I do know how you feel sometimes you feel like you're digging yourself out of the bottom of a bottomless pit you the only one that feels that way hang in there you're going to get a lot of replies if there's a lot of people feel the same way

• Posted

Sometimes you feel like you are the only person in the world you feels like this. Gets lonely
    • Posted

Oh I totally agree just to get out the house and why he would eventually went out with some of my old friends who were so happy and cheerful and have family in this great life and you just sit there with nothing to say so sometimes staying home alone is better than getting out and getting even more depressed and anxious

• Posted

Therapy is a better option long term, it take hard work but it's worth it

• Posted

You are not alone.

This anxiety disorder and your depression without a doubt can feel very lonely and many people have no understanding or tolerance to it. Some do though, but still it gets draining. And that excludes that you proabbly have a very low tolerance for people as well. 

Dont give up. It does get better.  Keep trying the medicines available, new ones are on the horizon as well. Maybe a better therapist would help you. maybe joining a support group in your area?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.