Anxiety and depression is ruining my life.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi guys, 

Having a rough time with anxiety and I believe abit of depression that is being exacerbated by the anxiety. It all started last year after my partner comitted suicide. He killed himself a week before I was due to graduate from university and start a brand new job. Obviously I was very distressed after this happened but chose to not have any time off work, not even a day in the hope that I could work through my emotions and keep busy. Now after being promoted and life starting to get somewhat better I' am probably worse now than when it first happened. 

Could it be the fact that the emotional trauma of it all has eventually caught up with me now that I'm deciding to take time off to reflect? I'm experiencing panic attacks on the odd occasion however for the best part of day, every day I' am severly anxious and stressed in regards to my mental state, I just have no idea on how to relax.

My symptoms include chest pain, throbbing head pain, dizziness, lack of motivation, I get no enjoyment from seeing friends anymore because I'm always a nervous wreck with anxiety. If someone makes a loud noise or drops something then I jump a mile, I definetly think my nerves have been damaged from this experience if that is even possible? 

How do I get out of this rut of life before I give up entirely?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there

I know exactly how you are feeling, as I have suffered depression and Anxiety for many years.

This time it's really bad, and have problems existing not able to eat etc.

Just taken my first beta blocker to see if that helps.

Quite happy to chat with you anytime, and keep your chin up, I'm sure we'll both get through this endless he'll 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.