Anxiety and exercise

Posted , 7 users are following.

for the past 3 weeks I have started exercising press ups and sit-ups  and felt fine but today I did it and felt like I couldn't breath and throat felt like was closing it only lasted a few mins but thought it was going to trigger a panic attack. Anyone else feel like that?

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lee

I get that as well  I am a runner so when I had a race a few weeks ago I knew My anexity was bad felt couldn't breath had to keep breathing in to catch my breath and also my thoart felt like it was on fire and really tight, This is anexity.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I was cleaning yesterday and moving around when I sat down felt like I couldn't breathe stomach tightness etc it sucked sad
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This happened to me when i played football
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Im an active basketball player. Since i had this anxiety.. Im no longer active playing ball, as in i stopped totally for more than 2 years now.. Cuz when i play in just a short period of time, i feel i couldnt breath, thoart tigthness, heart palpirations.. Even in just a little exertion, i feel that way. Anxiety really suck my life's out of me.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

.. And everthing leads to panic attack! 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This just happened to me yesterday, i was all fine doing push ups and sit ups i was really extremely tired, i sat down to take a breath and relax i started feeling sick in my stomach like its tight and swallowing and i started panicing and feeling my throat closed up with short breathe. I think you are experiencing anxiety as well as i am. Don't ask me how because i honestly was not even thinking about anything it just triggered by it self.. it sucks. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I used to be so active playing football/soccer but now I don't the littlest bit exercise triggers panic symptoms PROBALY bc exercise is like a panic attack so will trigger it
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Same here. Exercise is what helped me cope over the years but now my anxiety morphed into chronic fatigue and makes exercise a struggle.  I know  I have underlying issues and I hope I can get my energy back if I don't let this fatigue take over.  I miss playing sports competively. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This happens alot for me reason at all. I could be walking up some stairs and it happens, or even sitting down....ughh it sucks to have panic attacks that just randomly happens all the time.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up