Anxiety and fluoxetine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on fluoxetine for 8 weeks now I started off on low low dose 10mg after 3-4 weeks I I started to feel a lot better in my self but I was still having a little anxiety at night so my doctor told me to up my dose to 20mg I have bin on for 3 days now and all I've felt during day is severe anxiety does it really get worse every time you up your dose shouldn't have to start back to square one.. I've felt nothing but dizziness feeling sick the shakes and also struggling for breathe.. I was suppose to see my psychiatric on Wednesday yet again they cancelled which I think it's wrong as last time i seen them was 4 months ago nobody is reviewing me and they have changed my appointment to another 2 months it's a joke what they are doing shall I stick to 20mg until I see them next and did anybody else feel side effects and anxiety every time they upped the dosage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yep..each and every increase. But pushing thru it all is way better than suffering and not taking any medication. Yes side effects make you feel awful and crazy but they will not harm you. Just remember you are strong and it is only a side effect.
    • Posted

I spoken to my psychiatric they are seeing me Monday now but they testing me for ADHD and autism.. she did say go back to 2.5ml until Monday as they were gonna check for other things so I've just got to wait and see till Monday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.