Anxiety and friends

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with anxiety and its getting worse. So much so that one of friends feels suffocated by me. Which i totally understand because of the way i am. She has continually supported me when i have been at my lowest and i am truly thankfull. Problem i have is that i only had 2 friends and my husband that i trust with what i am going through and now feel like i should just leave and go where no one knows me. Has anyone else been through this?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You know your problems, and how it is effecting your Friends and Husband.

You have an understanding, what can you do about it ??

We are not an animal who can run away from one of our conditions and hide away somewhere. We have to live and understand how we can put matters right even when we are ill. 

My condition does make me feel that I could dig a hole and bury myself as I need to consider other people. You suffer Anxiety so you should be having some form of treatment and be proactive in becoming better. I know this is hard, life is hard. However we do not live in a vacuum.

Try and be a little bit more understanding, you are stuck with a mental illness that can be controlled.

Go for that, not a deep hole to jump in

BOB

• Posted

Thank you. I understand i have an illness. I am just starting therapy sessions and also just started medication so i am on a programme to get better. I just feel i have pushed away one of my friends through this and it has upset me. Just want to know how to make it better.
    • Posted

I'm not sure what you mean about being more understanding, of my illness? Or of what i am putting my friends and family through?

• Posted

If you can understand the cause of your problem, you are halfway there to understand it and then get better. There is always a cause, and effect. The effect is the Anxiety, why do you have that ?

The problem we have ith friendship we wear our complaint on our sleeves and we go to far with what is bothering us. You need to protect your friends from that. You can then divert yourself from your negative thoughts and that in turn will help you control your condition.

In my case I have a Chronic Medical Condition and associated Depression, now people ask how I am, and then that is it I move on and use their visit as a welcome diversion. It is hard I know, although it is a help

BOB

• Posted

Thank you for your response, i have just had assessment and due to start therapy on monday. So hopefully with work be able to find out what caused it. I agree with you whole heartedly about protecting friends. I don't like putting all my fears and worries on them but up till now i had no one to just tell everything, i need constant reassurance from them as i felt as if i was going out of my mind i know it wasn't helping them or me.

• Posted

Hi Bob. My meds are now changed and i feel better for it. However, my support that i thought i had wasn't truly there. The "friends" i thought i had have had enough. So its now down to me, i have my husband but as some of what i am going through is down to him, then its down to me alone to come through this.. no matter what people say - they are not always there for you. I am now reassessing what i do going forward. And to be honest i don't trust anyone. Its better if i just stay away from.everyone - less hurt for me.

• Posted

Julie

You are explaining that your Husband is part of the problem.

In my marriage when someting is wrong we try and discuss ways around that problem, that is part of marriage. We need to talk and yes that can sometimes be very labourious and hard. To discuss your feelings can help the marriage to progress to a more understanding future as we need to support eachother.

Trust in a relationship is very important and that helps the Partnership grow. I do not know where you are in the world and how relationships progress where you are, to sort out one problem will encourage you to take on and solve any other problems you have

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob. Had first therapy session and it helped alot. Its amazing how things seem distorted when you are suffering. Thank you for help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.