Anxiety and globus sensation. Should I be worried?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone else have this problem too where they feel like they can't breathe and have trouble swallowing. My throat has been giving me problems for awhile now and I'm not sure if it's anxiety or not. I'm scared. I feel like I might pass out or die at any second. Will I be fine? I'm having trouble breathing and swallowing and it's making me panic. Please help.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

could be GERD or acid reflux causing it. When you're stressed/anxious, your stomach produces more acid

• Posted

hi shanny

yes I do, when I get anxious/stressed I have trouble swallowing and breathing, it's hard to explain but it's like my throat closes up. I also sometimes feel I have a lump in my throat and have trouble swallowing and the more I focus on it the worse it gets, I'm assuming its anxiety, but it scares me also as I suffer with health anxiety, and I google my symptoms constantly and always focus on the worse case scenario, which doesnt help the situation x

• Posted

Hi Lisa. I'm terribly sorry that you have gone through this before too. It's honestly scary and I have been having a tough time sleeping as I feel like I'm not getting enough air into my lungs. Do you have any helpful information that you can share to me on what you do when you feel like that? I would really appreciate the help on how I can reduce this.

• Posted

hey shanny

not really, I just try and not panic because it makes it worse which is easier said than done I know. do you like reading?? or can you listen to some relaxing music??anything to try and take your mind off it, because the more you focus on it the worse it will get x

• Posted

I've just started experiencing this. cant breath. feeling like my throat is gonna close up. very scary. xx

• Posted

Hi Rachel. I'm terribly sorry you're going through this too. It's scary but it seems like you have globus sensation too, caused by anxiety. I do hope you feel better soon. And you're not alone. I would highly recommend distracting yourself with something you love to ease the tension. Or also try out some meditation videos or breathing exercises to help you relax. I feel like I'm getting worst.. but I'm making my appointment later for a schedule to see my doctor. This is all new to me where I feel like I might choke on how tight my throat feels.

• Posted

thank you so much. I know right it feels like a choking sensation. we will get through it. I pray u feel real better real soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.