Anxiety and heartburn

Posted , 6 users are following.

can anxiety cause it bc I'm always getting it?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes 100% it's acid reflux caused by stress most likely which causes heart burn x
  • Posted

Thx I didn't know if was that or just what I eat can cheese cause it bc I always seem to get it after eating cheese. Lol x
    • Posted

I got bad heart burn after eating cereal lol
  • Posted

Everytime im having anxiety attack.. Heartburn follows. Thats why i bring bottled water with me everytime.. Bcuz when i drink a bit of water it makes me burp and it helps..
  • Posted

Hi Lee

I have had anxiety for years along with other conditions like bipolar and I do think there is a connection with heartburn /acid reflux.  My gp gives me omeprazole capsules and I take one in the morning which holds it at bay most of the day, but at night I used to continue to get reflux as the effects of the omeprazole wears off and I'm only allowed one a day, so she prescribed me semthing called Peptak.  Its a more viscous version of gaviscon and works like a treat, since I started taking it at night I've never had any heartburn / reflux at night.  She also advised me to stop eating after 7pm, and to try cutting down dairy, both of which also helped.  Effcetively I'm cured of it now

Lizzie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.