Anxiety and hormones always struggling but after a week long migraine anxiety hit me like a sledgeha

Posted , 5 users are following.

been given sertraline and lorazepam anxiety crazy in a morning dies down a litte by evening.Never stopped me working before but has this time ,I'm peri menopausal could my fluctuating hormones be making it worse would hrt help ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi sarah I have been taking sertraline for years and I have found it to be very effective....Im sorry I would,nt know about lorazepam..I do take diazepam as a relaxant at night. It could well be hormone related worth checking with your G.P .Take care jx
    • Posted

Thanx Jayne I'm desperate just want to get rid of this sick agitation in a morning so I don't dread getting up and being home all day
  • Posted

Every anxiety or hormone's disorder requires medical diagnosis. Contact your heallthcare doctor right away if it has become chronical for you. There is lways a solution
  • Posted

Hi I know when I was going through the change I got hot flushes and night sweats so went to my doctor.   He was very sympathetic and said 'Anxiety and depression too'?  'Yes'  I cried.   He put me on HRT which helped enormously so this is something to consider.

I was once told years ago that the menopause doesn't create problems but it can make existing ones worse.  I found that to be very true.   So have a chat with your doctor.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.