Anxiety and indecision is taking over my life.. Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and currently take Lexapro 20mg. I was on it before for 3 years. I had weaned off it with my Doctors blessing until May 2015 when the following occured. Here is my issue which is driving me nuts ! I have waited and waited for a position with a local agency. I took civil service exam after exam to stay eligible.. Well my number came up. That night I had a panic attack which I have never had. I walked around for days with that scared feeling you get before you board a scary ride. Couldnt sleep.. was a nervous wreck. I finally pulled out of the running for the job. My anxiety had won. Well two and a half months have passed and I have another shot.. I hemmed and hawed about saying I was interested in fear I would feel the way I did before.. Well I ended up telling the employer today I was interested. A couple hours later I am wondering if I made the right choice and feeling anxious. How do I combat this ? Am I alone here ? 

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

No you are not alone with that, you have to push through the feeling and get the job, if nois is gon to cntrol you .  I have xind I still go to work, and function an I make myself o t  Good luck x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I would suggest that 'what is the worst that could possibly happen. The people you will be working with are not strangers, just people that you have not met and you may make some nice friends and as for the job, you may enjoy it'.

But is it so hard when you have anxiety. It debillitates you a great deal. Some medications work well and keep the panic at bay.

I go for a few weeks feeling good and then they come on and can last 2 weeks. It is a nightmare we are all going through.

I wish you luck in the job.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

i think the inly way u will know is to give it a go. It wont be easy but u can do it. I found if i didnt force my self i made my self worse as i beat my self up for letting the anxiety win. I take anti anxiety pills and have to take an extra one before meetings etc.

Try not to think about it too much. U know deep down that this is something u really want to do and u know u are more than capable of doing it.

I wish u the very best of luck and keep us posted should u go through with it or not. U can do it. Go on push ur self. U can always have a mini melt down after the jnterview but you will have got through it. If u dont get it. Brush it off and move on to the next one.

All the best bud

Si

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up