Anxiety And Lifes Problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

After suffering with anxiety since I was about 6 it has really helped the past year going to the doctors and having sessions. Many of you already kmow my story through the posts I have done over the past 14 months, if not then have a look and a read. 

I think the scariest step for anyone is going to the doctors as most of us with severe anxiety struggle talking to new people and being in situations where we arent in control. 

But for me the the thing thats helped me the most is understanding that its not going to go away as everyone feels anxiety in different ways i,e nerves for a difficult situations, we wouldnt be human if we didnt feel nervous at some point in our lives. Its knowing how to control it and telling yourself its ok to feel a bit anxious at times. I came off the medication after a few months at just wasnt for me and found that the CBT helped but mainly its talking to people about it and feeling that axiety isnt a bad thing to have. 

Hopefully everyone is doing fine!

Phil

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi phill I'm also feeling that medication is not for me I just feel it's covering up a problem rather than making ste
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sorry sent half message

Making steps towards getting better any advice would be great as I don't really no where to go from here

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've found having outlets and interests are really helpful. (Not necessarily social ones), but things like being creative, making things, doing art, and writing. It keeps me going. I don't put too much pressure on myself any more, I have to remember to have my own space and make my environment as relaxing as possible. I still find it really, really, difficult some days though, but we're allowed to be imperfect, we are human after all.

I only live for the small things now - no real point trying to set the world right, it won't happen. Although recently I've started worrying intensely about what's going to happen if a Tory government is elected. I think there's so much suffering in Britain already and it's only going to get worse.. Probably more so for people who have mental illnesses. 

Oh well, gone off on a bit of a tangent there.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Great post Phil!

Absolutely agree - I have found it so much better to try and cope with my anxiety and OCD issues, since I am honest with people about it. I'm not embarrassed anymore to hold up my hands & say "yeah, I suffer from OCD, depression and anxiety. It's part of me. But I am dealing with it". 

It makes it so much easier to cope with when you can talk it through with people. And if people think badly of me for it, well they weren't the kind of people I thought they were and I don't need people in my life who are going to judge me for it!

biggrin

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I agree with with the people thing. If they cant deal with the fact i have anxiety etc then its there problem and not mine smile

I just get on with it. You always find out who your true friends are in situations like this!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi All,

i suffer from severe anxiety and clinical depression. I was treated for the same last year through sessions and medication. The treatment really helped but now after 7 months of stopping the treatment I am experiencing panic attacks again with low mood all the time. I cry for hours thinking of the situations that are actually not real or thinking about my own death. Most of the time I am making arrangements for my own death as to how it should be and about my will and what will happen when I am no more. I am not at all scared of dying but yes I am worried about my childs future and if he will be looked after nicely. I feel better at work as I am friends with my colleagues but as the day passes my condition worsens. I am thinking about starting the treatment again but for how long

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up