anxiety and menopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all, i have suffered with anxiety and panic for many years, but the last 4 years they seem to have got more frequent and more intense,i have just been put on cipralex again this is the 3rd time in 3 years, it does seem to help and as much as i feel i.m getting better i come off them, then 6 to 8 months later anxiety returns, if i have to stay on these tablets for life to control it then so be it,i am also menopausal and the doctor says that menopausal symptoms can cause anxiety panic and depression,app some women suffer real bad with it,and it does coincide with when the anxiety got out of control again.anyone having similar

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, yip I also am suffering from severe anxiety health and social and im also menopausal sad.its a living hell and im at the end of my tether with it all, im on propranolol 40mg twice a day and have been since February doc started me on hrt last week so am hoping things improve pretty soon but im not holding out much hope, as you said if we have to be on medication for ever more so be it if it makes us feel better,if you are anything like me im not really living my life just now im just existing and thats no good for anybody
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

thank you for the replies, the doc will not give me hrt because of the cancer in my family and the risks to me,yes i agree with you that it is just an exsistence ,im hoping these meds kick in soon,i woke up recently at 3am with a severe anxiety attack i was petrified and the only way i seem to be able to make it stop is to make myself sick
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up