Anxiety and on Prozac day 14

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been on Prozac 10mg for anxiety. The first seven days were horrible with side effects then I had three great days back to back. Now five days later I'm getting a lot of side effects again lack of motivation tired sleepy yawning no appetite legs feel weak white phlegm dry mouth light headaches nausea stomach pain. How much longer before all these side effects stop? When is the Med going to really start to kick in I understand it's a slow acting med. I heard it's a one of the best meds for anxeity.

I just want to feel better soon.

Pros waiting for the full effect of the med

Conn still having side effects

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yesterday I went to a psychiatrist she gave a prescription of Buspar. I don't know if it works

• Posted

Hello

I have taken a lot of different meds for anxeity.

Buspar being one it was ok for about 4 hours then the anxiety came again I was on 7.5mg. You can always try it just to see if it works for you .

Good luck

• Posted

You should be good at 10mg. Give it a try I am on Prozac 10mg I take it at night. Some of these med have some side effects and they take a few weeks to take effect.

Good luck with your med

• Posted

I would take on with breakfast and then maybe the other during lunch time.

Good luck.

• Posted

Give it 4 to 6 weeks! Hang in there!
    • Posted

I just needed some reassuring . I have heard good things about that med. I know they all have side effects.

Thank you

• Posted

Hello pedro

You need to give this medication time to work. Approx five weeks

• Posted

Pedro

After the five weeks the side effects will reduce although you will get these every now and then they will not be as bad as in the beginning hopefully

BOB

• Posted

Hang in there! My moms been on Prozac for like 20 years. Took about a month for her to start to feel the full benefit from it
    • Posted

Hi Pedro! Theres a forum on here for prozac. Its under the name fluoxetine. Feel free to go to my profile and look at my posts on there. Im 6.5 weeks in and slowly tapering up and have been tracking my progress on a thread in that forum. I've been on 10mg for over 4 weeks now and starting to see a ton of improvement in my anxiety smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.