Anxiety and panic attack

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks now for a while it's horrible the Dr's say they can't prescribe anything for it and it's really nasty when I get a panic attack it starts with an overwhelming feeling at the centre of my chest then develops into stomach pains chest pains tightness of the chest short breathes feeling shaky and confused sometimes I can't handle it to get myself out of it does anyone else suffer this it feels like I'm having a heart attack and it is scary as he'll

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Why will the doctors not prescribed anything??? Try rescue remedy, it's herbal and very good for anxiety and calms u down. I would go to another doctor aswell and get a 2 nd opinion 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yeah I would definitely go to another doctor and see what they say, they should prescribe either CBT or medication to help. Rescue remedy is really good though! 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Some crap about how they don't prescribe that medicine no more that I shold try councilling groups or something
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

See a different doc. There are definitely medicines available for these type of conditions. And be social as much as possible.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up