Anxiety and panic attacks

Posted , 7 users are following.

What should I do I have really bad anxiety and panic attacks at night times. My heart rate will go up my body fills with overwhelming pain I get migraines heat travels through my body I can't control myself I shake, and sometimes I faint or pass out. I need help what should I do?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Deep breathing get your breathing under control. Listen to relaxation music 

Call a friend if you feel like you are going to pass out go to the E.R. 

Elizabeth

• Posted

These are what help me when i feel this way;

Taking a warm shower

Drink some Chamomile tea with milk (no sugar)

It might not taste nice to some but its muscle relaxant smile

Breathing techniques, in through your nose & out through your mouth slowly, this will help your heart rate slow down and your brain will gradually learn you are under no real threat.

And even just talking to somebody will help give you a release, like a phone call with a close friend.

Watch some videos that will make you laugh and keep your mind occupied for atleast a while.

My anxiety intensifies at night time it is horrible rolleyes so i do all those things listed in the mean time until i get tired and i can go to sleep.

Hope you find some ease soon xx

• Posted

These symptoms all stink! They really do. You are not alone. I feel like i know almost everything about these stuoid attacks but there are some symptoms that arise. Sometimes it sickness and side effect of the sickness but it can really trigger anxiety. I get so angry at myself sometimes i really do. iwish  i had a cure to tell you a wonderful secret to make it go away but its who we are. Its unfait on so many levels. Bad enough to have anxiety disorder but then you get these wacky weird symptoms and you know somehow its related but its so uncomfortable and odd it scares you. Do normal,people even get these wacky symptoms at all.i wonder that. I have what feels like clogged ears im at the end of a horrible sinus cold and  know in my soul it will heal soon but guess what the tinnitus and feeling of full ears still causes anxiety and then it worsens it all. Had a bad oast expierence with my ears a ling time ago so i know my minds trying to go there to scare me.i  Know to breathe and everything but yet here i am anxious. So you are not alone if that helps. It has to run thru you. Migranes make it worse. Your diet play a role to so,e extent. Fear play a massive role. I hope you feel better. Just know it will,pass.  
    • Posted

Get some magnessium glycinate and take ine at night and see if it helps. Theres also suntheanine ltheanine if you arent on any meds.
  • Posted

I believe its worse at night because your body relaxes more if that makes sense so therefore everything will seem to feel ten times worse. I used to go to bed think I was ok then I would either get woken up by horrible palpataions or large thumps in my chest. this freaked me out espescially as one night I had palpataions for over two hours I was convinced I was going to die as I would wear my heart out. my doctor has been superb she has explained everything its because your body is relaxed but the stress/anxiety goes into the fight mode. Me my self I use lavender and bergamot oils to help relax me and chamomile tea one in the day and one just before I go to bed.I hope this helps 
  • Posted

my panic attacks mostly starts at night times too,some times nothing can hepl me in dat moment,you just need to wait and accept it lay on bed till it finish so maybe it will make you braver for your next time attack and you will know you just need to wait till it goes away,i know its not dat much easy im talking about only waiting till finishing panick attacks you are dying in dat moment by a heart attack but i think its still the way,but there are some other ways dat i do to make me distract,reading a book or readimg some news in dat moment you can feel how much bad is every thing but still keep reading your mind will chang its direction on reading topics,googling pictures and watching them,or search deep breathing and meditation on youtube they teach it very well with some nice relaxing music,and taking a xanax in dat moment will make you relax and will stop dat awful panic attack,i hope my ways will work for you too
  • Posted

Take some time get a hobby don't think too much and try to figure out what is the reason

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.