Anxiety and panic attacks

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, for the last couple of years now I have been suffering with anxiety and also panic attacks, I had went to my local GP and diognosed but not given anything to help. 

The feelings I get from these are constant, I struggle going to the shops by myself as I will also have a panic attack where I will just freeze in panic for sometime, getting on and off the bus is also a huge issue for me I'm not too sure why.

I'm also suffering from high levels of stress which I note down in a diary.

Any help

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi CDHC96

I know exactly what you are feeling as I am sure everyone here understands too. It's really horrible. I would very happily just to stay inside but you can't, best thing is to just get out and about even small trips or go to shops when you know it's not busy, that's what I do as I have awful panic standing in queues. Think you should go back to GP if it gets worse. Good luck

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Throw away the diary, first of all. You don't need a day by day account of your panic attacks to help you to overcome them.

Go back to the doctor's and ask for some medication to take the edge off the anxiety when it happens.

Know that you are not alone - you will soon find this out when more people reply to you.

It is very hard to get over these things but it is possible. Therapy is always useful - and the knowledge that others have beaten this for good.

You can do it, too.Good luck - but don't expect a sudden miracle - you'll beat this, eventually, of that I'm sure.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, I have just joined in Alcohol addiction and just come across this.  This is why I am an alcoholic.  Yuk marriage and life for everrrrrrrr.  Brought on anxiety, depression and panic attacks.  Got me 10 years ago when I used to run home from the shops in tears due to an attack - lose my breath - dizzy - crying when I got home - husband could not understand me.  I managed to get that sorted myself and can now go to the shops and drive again.  Panic still tries it hardest to get thru to me - ongoing battle of - just go away - I don't want you.  Lots of things can help tho - I had anti deps for years which really saved me.  Trying to avoid them this time.

Awful situation, and those not affected cannot understand how it feels.

Hugs to you.

G.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i agree with Tess, 100%, especially about throwing away the diary. Keep posting and reading here. A very helpful bunch of terrific people.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You can not just sit at home start taking small small steps. Don't skip breakfast. Go for run and do breathing exercises. I had been hit by anwand depression twice and what i understood this is need more efforts from your side.if possible change your environment. In this situation you will never find motivation to do anything so don't wait for the motivation. Eat healthy. And last but not the least you are not alone here. We all the here to help each other.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up