Anxiety and pms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all, i am asking my fellow ladies if anyone might have more insight on a correlation between anxiety and pms. I have been suffering from anxiety/panic attacks for 8 years now and have noticed an increase in anxiety around the time I'm due for my period. Usually a week before to a few days before. I'm currently 21 days into celexa 10mgs for the second time around so it could also be a side effect of the drug. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated! Xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Me to starts about a week before I come on and I've been on many different antidepressants and its still same I get anxious rapid heart beat feel really depressed get angry easy feel insecure I hate it 😳 x
    • Posted

It's the worst feeling!! I've been to the ER numerous times bc of it. Feeling the symptoms really strongly right now. Can't seem to shake it off even after taking my anti depressant and Xanax. Thank you for responding, I'm glad I'm not alone. We can and will get through this! Xx
    • Posted

I know I feel your pain I sometimes feel like I'm completely losing it the only thing that gets me through is I keep myself really busy to tire myself out then read in bed with low lights stay strong hun 🌼 xx
  • Posted

i have the same. have been wondering if i shoukd mention it to the doctor or if i am just imaging a link. seems like it isn't my imagination! hope we all feel better.
  • Posted

Hello I'm Lisa I have been also suffering from anxiety panic attacks always not eating fears but you have to learn to control it breath read go to church read a bible it works also having someone there for you near as you go through the problem helps they can give you TLC. As for medicine I have take paxil 10 MG's it's the only medicine that works for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.