Anxiety and rapid heartbeat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone it's been awhile since I login because I thought I had my anxiety and panic attacks under control. But it's been two weeks and I been having rapid heartbeat when I wake up my heart beating fast. I always check my pulse and I get 80-86 the highest I got was in the 90s. With some chest pain I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. Has anyone experienced rapid heart rate when doing any some movement or waking up?

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes when I'm in bed doing nothing mine is at 80 it's just anexity its normal

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, the first thing I do is tell myself I'm OK then I breath in through my nose making sure I'm belly breathing, so I always put my hand on my belly to make sure it rises then I hold it for a count of 5 and blow the breath out of my mouth slow and as calm as i can I do that the three for times to let my body know I'm OK. And I have learned the more I tell myself this is my just the way my body acts sometimes and I will return to normal and I dont let that fear Creep up it goes away within 5 minutes, but if I start to freak out and make it worrie me it's like it feels like lasts all day and I'm at the boarder of a full blown panic attack. Your nervous system will keep responding to how you respond it's kinda like a broken car alarm that doesn't realize it's just a car that jumped on the hood the and doesn't need to go off but if you respond like it's a tiger trying get in and eat you out will send more signals to kick that flight or fight response of and it will keep doing it. Best of luck with it and I pray that it stops for you. I know it's some much easier said than done but if it Happens again try to laughting and think hay body it just a kitten, when you laugh during panic out even force a smile it send signals to the brain you are not in danger and you will start to calm down.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi judi yes its very scary my love especially when you are not moving around I was constantly checking mine and my heart felt like a big base drum its because everything is quiet and it appears more erractic so you feel it more keep telling your self "my body doesnt need these feelings it has no place and it needs to go away" simple but it works my lovely please remeber it is the anxiety that causes this it will go my lovely as you can see its quite "normal" in anxiety good luck x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Im the same this morning. As soon as i wake up and get up heart starts banging away. I feel it in my neck. I suffer health anxiety so i sit then worrying. Bit with out a doubt im always like it x
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up