Anxiety and ringing in ears

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anxiety xause ringing in ears? And also other feelings or sounds in ears and head?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely yes on this! Very annoying. Im not on meds but i have read that can induce it as well. I have all sort if sounds and do to tmj i can hear what i think is my bloodflow. Ignore this to the best of your ability. Keeo busy and drink lots of water see a denstist to rule out tmj or fix the tmj. eustatian tubes play a role in this and jaw muscles press in it when you have tmj. Low salt diets as well are best. Any sinus can okay in it too. I hate tinniutus. It is very common and many are fortunate it is transient as well. I think most everyone has experienced it of all ages.
    • Posted

Thank u so much I think I have tmj my jaw clicks every time I open wide.... I hear ringing and other noises and I have pressure in my head and forhead
    • Posted

Thank u so much I think I have tmj my jaw clicks every time I open wide.... I hear ringing and other noises and I have pressure in my head and forhead
    • Posted

I already talked to the oral surgeon and he said it can't be fixed.... He said trying to figure out what is causing it like biting nails and stuff and stopping will help it not get worse

• Posted

Well,now you know it is not tmj. It's another symptom of anxiety. A lot of people check out physical anxiety symptoms to be sure it's not a real physical problem, and eventially believe the doctors and negative tests. Then they can settle down to deal with anxiety.

The thing I use the most is breathing control. My niece is in the military. She told us she was taught a technique to relieve tension, even in combat situations. Breath in  to this count...one, one thousand...two, one thousand...three, one thousand...four one thousand. Then release breath through mouth to same count. With each breath, allow muscles to relax more.  Do this three of four times whenever needed. It works for me every time...some says doing it a whooooole lot.

• Posted

Are you leaning alot when laying on your back to stare at a phone or ioad? Locking in a position for hours? If its nit tmj it can be from that. Not sure i painted the correct picture on this but hooefully you get what i men. 
  • Posted

Yes! it used to scare the hell out of me until my doctor checked it out and said it was fine and now it barely happens.
  • Posted

emily, you still dealing with this. Yes I have terrible ringing in my ears, along with a thousand other symptoms, just like you. Did you start your med yet?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.