Anxiety and Sleep?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So last night i have an attack and could not not sleep until 8am. Then i wake up at 11am and had another attack probably since i felt so nauseous. Eventually I feel tired enough and go back to bed at 6 and only sleep for three hours before waking up feeling edgy again but didnt have an attack. Is it unusual for anxiety to mess with my body clock like this?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi max

Yes it is. I suffer from bad anxiety and panic attacks. I will be awake for another couple of hours because I cant sleep worrying and stressing over things. Then I may nod off and then wake up within a couple of hours. They really are awful. I'd love to be the carefree person I was 20 odd years ago. They are awful things that ruin your life. I know exactly how you feel.

Take care x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

No its common. It does what it wants. Its cycling. After the first cycle thats when you immediately need to use cbt and mindfullness breathing techniques. Calm the mind at least. Once thats in place the fear level should be low enough to stop the cycles of panic attacks. Sometimes bad dreams become too much for the mind and it fires off. Or if there is a pressing stressor going on and your minds trying to resolve it but ends up triggering anxiety attack. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yeah, I have the same issue right now.

Do you live alone?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm the same although I can manage to get to sleep around 12 then wake up at 4am every morning panicking. Have to get up and about as I can't even try and sleep! X
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up