Anxiety and throat issues?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. When I just thought I was getting better, something more terrifying happens to me. It has been a full week fighting strong to avoid the shortness of breath and trouble swallowing. Now, I'm experiencing a very tight lump in throat which is located near my Adam's Apple, where I feel like I might choke to death and it feels like a weird ball somewhere around there that feels like it's blocking my airway passages which made me panic really bad as I started gasping for air. I still have this feeling but I'm trying my best to stay calm as much as possible but it's really irritating. I just want to feel better already. But I know this is going to be the most difficult challenge yet. Are all these symptoms I'm getting is anxiety? And did someone experience the same symptoms or worst? It's really scary to sleep at night and I try not to look up what the symptoms might be.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i feel the ssme. also rn and most nights i get short of breath and cant sleep sometimes my head feels heavy...

• Posted

I'm terribly sorry that you're going through the same thing. And I get that too where I shortness of breath when trying to sleep for the night. Anxiety is so hard to deal with. Hope you will feel better very soon.

• Posted

Yes, I think it is anxiety. I have felt the same as you many times, including digestive problems. I didn't know what was happening to me and doctors only prescribed medication for heartburn. Now I know that it is anxiety, that many physical problems are derived from anxiety. The mind is very powerful!

• Posted

Its probably globus sensation or acid reflux. I've been dealing with these symptoms myself and there are alot people out there that are dealing with it too. Theres a good Facebook page that you might be interested in called LPR and GERD support, check it out, you're not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.