Anxiety and weed

Posted , 3 users are following.

it seems like I've always had a tiny bit of anxiety, but it was always at bay and not too bad. I've had a few panic attacks but not much else, then roughly 4 months ago I had some weed with a few friends which I've only had a few times before because I hate smoking due to asthma, then it seems like since that night it's made all my anxiety come out at once. 

My heart has never felt the same since, I'm way more panicky, I think anything I have could mean I'm dying and so on.

My question is can one night of smoking weed bring all this out, or do you think it was always going to come out at some point? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Andrew smoking weed can cause paranoia and It doesn't help with anxiety either. You would be best not to smoke weed again. Have you seen your GP about your anxiety, It may be worth disscussing It and ask what your options are for treatment. Try deep breathing exercises and find ways to relax. Soothing music or going for a walk. Do things that you enjoy, to take your mind off things. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Just feels like my anxiety got way worse after that one night, regret it a lot. I saw my GP years ago about it and got some CBT but it was mainly for depression at the time, I'm going to go for my anxiety now. It's not too bad to be honest, the chest pains are only bad when I'm stressed so I don't think any medication is needed! Thanks for the reply! 
  • Posted

Weed is not for you. It can Trigger underlying mental problems, paranoia and irratabilty. Hopefully the weed was not laced. You might have worsened your asthma causing breathing issues triggering worse anxiety. Not worth any of this really.
  • Posted

Hi there my anxiety started due to smoking weed I have a real bad panic attack on it , but I had some on weekend and I didn't panic or anything I only can some it while drinking coz I won't freak but I didn't drink and I smoked it I was okay but I'm having a hard time thinking my heart is going to stop at the time I didn't think that because I have never hear of any 1 dieing smoking weed it was planted on each for a reason it cures all sort of things am not preaching lol but iv been in your shoes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.