Anxiety and worrying about weird symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can't take being like this anymore.I suffer from menieres disease which is an ear disorder that causes vertigo and hearing loss.With this I can not work or drive so I am home alone alot ....to THINK.Lately I have had a terrible taste in my mouth,bitter like and its dry alot. I have waves of nausea and stomache issues at well.I walk around worrying about what the bad taste can be and it gets worse.Then my legs start getting like a jello feeling and I get hot inside.

I am 90% sure I work myself up to this state but don't know how to cotrol it.It is aweful waking every day knowing my day will be filled with trying to not worry and feel well.It makes me physically ill.I never had anxiety problems before having to be home so much.When my hubby comes home it is a relief because most times I snap out of it.I think it is being alone and worrying what if something happens to me or worrying I have a deadly illness.

I get belly pains,weak legs,bad taste,my eye sight gets funny,and weak all over,not to mention exhaustion.

I don't want to be like this,it consumes my life!I use to take 2 mgs a day of valium for the dizziness with the menieres.My sister tells me all the time,take a valium or xanax to settle down but now I am even afraid to take that or any meds.It's terrible.Any suggestions?

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

What have you tried before?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Fresh ginger can help with dizzy part. Only help unfortunatwly. They do have balance centers. Vestibular rehab centers to be exact. I hope you feel better its awful. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I suffer from panic disorder, and I know what it's like you panic about everything, your mind is very powerful, and trick you into feeling things when your in an anxious state, you said that when your hubby comes home you can snap out of it? Just proves that it can't be a physical illness cos you can snap out of it! But I know how it feels to suffer from this! Anytime you need to vent, dm me always happy to help the best I can smile xo
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Heres an alternative to at least helo you a little bit.mfresj ginger. At least one inch. Its tart but overtime you wont care. You can boil it sliced in soup  or tea..add in some honey if youd like, they even sell it candies. Fresh holy  basil a half a cup chopped and eat it, you can out it on oizza, pasta just eat it. Juicing is very useful. Ginger, green apple and a few celery stalk is a great drink for anyone with anxiety. Drink it within fifteen minutes of fresjky juicing. There is a lot to juicing and nutritients. Eat high magnesium foods..avacadoes, bananas, kale, spinach, asparagus. There is something called vestibular rehab. There are centers that work with people with balance issues from there ears and meineres is included in that. Find one in your area and see if you can get a referral or do it privately. They can train you and give you excerises to helo you with that. Alternative products..l theanine, lysin and vitamin c for inflamation, b complex and b12. That all can be googles or on pinterest.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up