anxiety, any advice? ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, I just turned 14 a couple of weeks ago and I think I might have

anxiety. I've had almost all thesymptoms for as long as I can remember

but only found out exactly what anxiety was around two years ago. The thing is, I was wandering if there's a sort of minimum age for anxiety as I can remember having panic attacks since I was tiny. The only reason I ask is because I think it might help me figure out if I actually have a diagnosable problem or if I'm just being a drama queen. I tend to get really panicky

about random stuff that most people wouldnt even care about.

if someone even looks at me funny my heart will start pounding .

The weird thing is, some days I would react awfully to something like that and start shakingUncuncontrollably . I'd probably have a panic attack over it and have an awful day because of it. But some days I would barly notice. And it's not just social situations that set me off, I can be anything. It's really worrying as I tried talking to my mum a couple of times before when

its gotton really bad but she doesn't want to know. I kinda want to go and see a doctor about it but it's illegal where I'm from for people under 16 to make a doctors appointment. Any advice?? smile smile

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Go to your school counselor maybe. Explain what is going on. A letter from the school always makes moms take notice. So sorry you are dealing with this. I also started at a young age due to a traumatic childhood. Try to get help from someone if possible. I went to my Grandmother. Let us know how it goes. ((Hugs))
  • Posted

The think is im not sure if I do have anxiety and I'm to scared to talk face to face with anyone.

I get a really tight feeling in my chest whenever I'm scared or stressedand I can hear my heart pounding. when I'm really stressed I startscratching my arms with my nails or a pen, i rarely break the surface of my skin but it still scares me that I'm willing to do that just to stop panicking and I'm worried that one day I'm gonna get really stressed and end up hurting myself really badly. It's like I'll do anything to stop myself from thinking, I feel like I can't get away from my mind. It's like I'm constantly thinking from the the moment I wake up till the last second before I go to sleep.

• Posted

It still sounds like anxiety brought on by stress. Please, PLEASE, seek out help of some sort!!! Before you do something you will regret. I have a daughter that was doing just like you at the same age. She became a cutter. I can tell you as a mother, I am SOOO thankful that she let me know. I was able to get her the help she needed. I had to take her to a mental facility for kids, so many like her, and it helped. The biggest help was when I put her in a different school. She made friends, and started changing before my eyes. She is now 19. She still has Autism, anxiety disorder, mood disorders, but with the psychiatrist and medication, she is WAY better. She will probably live with me for a long time, but I don't care. Because I love her. As I am sure your mom does. Please get help!!! I will talk to you as much as you would like to, but I am not a professional. I just want you to know I care about you. As I am sure others do. Keep me posted XD
  • Posted

I'm okay, I think I had a panic attack yesterday in maths, I wanted to run out but I couldn't move. I managed to get some sort of control over most of the physical symptoms. The thing is I told my friend when I first found out about anxiety that I thought I had it. we don't really talk about it though because she struggles to talk about emotional stuff and I'm not great either. She's seen me freak out a couple of times before but thistime she just nudged me with her arm and said "why have you gone all sycapathic on me," I'm pretty it sure that she was just saying it to lighten the mood but it got me thinking. Cause I'm always so angry, to be truly honest I've never even punched anyone, but to some extent that just makes it worse because I have no way of getting my anger out. I can'tget in a fight with anyone because my morals just take over and I'm not a very confronting person anyway, I can't scream until I'm blue because I live with three other people and they rarely all have somewhere else to be so I am never on my own. I don't even know what I'm angry about anymore. I just the way that everyone looks at me. My brother gets all A* and I'm so proud of him fo aThat or thatlove him so much. It's not as though I'm pressured to get the same marks as him of anything else but that somehow even worse,. It's like everyone's already decided that I'm gonna do sh*t in life and that I'm gonna be stupid anyway. I was diagnosed with dyslexia 2 years ago and it's not that bad because my reading and everything else is above average, but I really struggle with my memory. To be honest this doesn't affect any subject massivelyother than Languages. In school my it is compulsory for us to take a modern language for GCSE and so I'm gonna have to do Spanish next year. It's not as though I even get that bad marks ( C's in french, german, latin and chemistry, B's in physics and maths then A/A*'site in everything else.) And I'm going to drop French, Latin and german next yearanyway. My brothers the only one who gets its he's always telling me to stand up for myself and not let my Mum treat me like I'm stupid, but I can't because even when she's being condescending, she really thinks that she's helping and being sensitive.

I'm sorry about ranting so much! Thanks for listening though it really helps. I think I'm gonna tell my mum about all of this once I've sent this.

I'll tell you how I goes.

xx

• Posted

Please do. I would like to know how she handles it. This story sounds so much like mine when I was a child. My brother was the Golden child, but I love him to pieces. I was the black sheep, and still feel that way. xx
  • Posted

I sent you a message earlier today but it is waiting to be moderat so the order of the messages might be a little off.

Anyway, I couldn't wait to tell you that I spoke to my mum again and she's made a doctors appointment in two weekso time. I haven't really told her everything but at least she's willing to listening now. I'm really scared about having to talk to a doctor about everything but my mum says that she'll leave the room so I only have to tell one person at a time. I'm really scared but I think I'll be okay, I'm just glad I can get help.

Thank you, thank you soooooon much, I know it doesn't seem like much but once you tell a stranger online it sort of makes it easier to tell someone you know.

Thanks again,

xx

• Posted

Thank you for letting me know how things are going. Good for you!!! It sounds like Mom is going to be supportive, and do tell the doctor everything you are able to. I am so happy for you :D I know you are scared, but once you talk to the doctor, you will see all the worry was for nothing. They are there to help you!! Keep me posted. You will be okay!!!! Hugs xx
  • Posted

Will do

thxs soooooon much! Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.