Anxiety at night time

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed if general anxiety in Feb 17 I have been taking fluoxetine 2.5mg for 7 weeks now and I have felt so much better in myself ive bin able to go out and be happy but it's night time thats the worse for me I seem to keep waking up when my kids wake up with severe anxiety I get gushes of dizziness and feel like my hearts stopping it freaks me out so much.. I cant bear night times . I dont know if its coz i have to deal with my naughty kids and the stress they keep giving me I have woke up today severely anxious and feel of chest pain I had ecg months ago it came back healthy anybody else gets this xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirsty, I know exactly we're your comming from my boys share a room and have pushed me to the edge so many times at bed time, and then sleeping is a nightmare because they get you so wound up, it is perfectly normal but if your really struggling you could go back to the doctor, but I definately try to put some strict bedtime routines in place and stick to them how old are your kids?

• Posted

Hi Lisa its a total nightmare.. I have a 7 5 4 2 and 1 year old.. my 5 year old has really bad behaviour problems hes being diagnosed next month and my 4 year old is showing severe adhd behavioir and it's disgusting the way they treat me ive had family support workers helping me and even they said boundaries aint gonna work

• Posted

Oh my you definately have your hands full my 13 year old has add oppositional defiant disorder and my youngest is waiting on an ADHD diagnosis they say once one child has it there's a 40%chance there siblings will have it. So I feel your pain and to have them all so young too! Think a quiet time an hour before would help maybe warm milk and a cookie while snuggling up to a chilled movie on the sofa before bed, I try and stop computers after 6 so there brains don't over stimulate, my 13 year old has melatonine 2x2mg an hour before bed which provided he chills knocks him out after about an hour hope this helps x

• Posted

The thing about social workers is they don't always have the answers there only human, I've worked with kids for almost 20 years and know many kids with autism and ADHD but at the end of the day no one knows a child better than mum x

• Posted

Hello Hun yea my mates son is 10 with severe ADHD an he's on the sleeping meds my social worker said she's coming with me now as my 5yr old gave my 1yr old a massive black eye last night and whilst I'm suffering with anxiety stresses me out thinking what do i do ..it's hard work he definitely needs medication as he's too much and too hyper..I always say to workers have him for a week and then you will see his true colours they will never understand what we going through I've just found out my psychiatric has left so my next appointment is in 2 months so that's 6 months I've not been reviewed it's disgusting the way the system works xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.