Anxiety Attack

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone I recently was admitted in the hospital for an anxiety attack I felt like I was having a heart attack. My chest was hurting me it felt like someone was pressing really hard on it. My left arm was numb was very fatigue. My back was in pain shortness of breath. Can anyone assist me with this matter and please let me know what I could do so I could stop having this horrible feeling. Today I had another attack I really don't want to take medication is there any other way 2 address this matter. Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh my days have the same symptoms that feeling of pain in your chest, this it, feeling scared. I have been back and forth to the doctor's they say it's anxiety and that I need to find a way to relax my breathing stay calm and don't try and fight it. Easier said than done. But I have found that sometimes it works...

• Posted

It is so hard to relax and trying to stay focus on breathing when you feeling like your heart is going to burst. This is all new to me I have the shakes and being so nervous and nauseous. When I was in the hospital the doctor told me that my heart is good. Do you have any advice for me how to handle these attacks.
    • Posted

I resisted meds in the beginning of my anxiety attacks. After a while I realied that taking a zanax like they wanted might have nipped it in the bud and kept me from increasing overreactions to the episodes. I dont know if I feel the same about the long term meds though..I am more for take a zanax just when you need it and not on a regular basis. As far as breathing, i was giving biofeedback which did nothing for me. It relaxed my body but didnt touch my racing mind. What finally worked for me was accepting what it was and what it wasnt. It was an overreaction and it wasnt a sign i was fixing to die from a heart attack or suddenly become catatonic. Once I accepted it wasnt going to kill me I could just not fight it and let it sort of wash over me into the ground. This worked for me.
  • Posted

I get pains in my chest and I have pretty much self-diagnosed myself as having esophagial spasms. I can be sure its not my heart as it is instantly relieved when I take a drink of cold coke or water. It does something to either relax the spinxter muscle or causes a burp which does the same thing. Next time try the cold drink of water or soft drink and see what happens..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.