Anxiety Attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

On May 21, 2020 I took about 20mg of Adderall (got from a friend) to study. March 22, 2020, around 9-10AM, I took about 20mg of Adderall to study again then it wore off in about 4-6 hours so I took roughly another 20MG to study even more(around 4-5PM). Starting around 10PM I felt an anxiety attack hitting however it lasted for nearly 8 hours. I had rapid heart beat, a heart burn, my stomach was hurting. I also did not eat or sleep the entire time since 9AM of March 22nd. I had to inhale/exhale the entire time to calm myself down so I had a dry throat leading to drinking lots of water. Around 6-7AM I felt a lot better but I had a lot of gas trapped in my body I believe. I had not pooped 2 days prior and a day after.

So for a few hours after I felt fine, I laid down trying to get some rest until I got hit by another anxiety attack.(May 23rd) Around 10/11AM my heart starting beating super fast, I had severe chest pain, felt numb everywhere. I eventually went to the ER(told them about everything). They told me that I had a resting heart rate of 97 so my blood pressure was already pretty high. After I came home from the ER I slept and woke up next morning and felt fine. On May 24th, a few hours after I woke up, I started coughing, having shortness of breath. It then escalated and I went to the shower and turned on hot water to help me breathe and calm down. This happened twice that day. So since yesterday (May 25th), I've been having a feeling like air bubbles are coming up my throat, I'm having a bit of difficulty of breathing throughout the day (random times, I believe). I'm not sure if these are the symptoms you feel after a severe anxiety attack or what. Please help me out if you guys can. Thank You.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I think what's happened is you've not got on well with the adderall and its caused you to have a panic attack for whatever reason.

something similar happened to me when I took a beta blocker to show a friend they were safe as she was to scared to take one. I ended up having a panic attack and felt horrible for weeks after. it was all psychological

a lot of the symptoms you describe I had aswell and its definitely anxiety. especially after having a panic attack or a few. some people just have it bubbling under the surface and it just takes one thing to bring it over the edge. it would likely have happened at some point without the addarel. now is the time to go see your GPS they can help by either medication for anxiety or get you to see a counsellor to get the anxiety under control so you wont have your symptoms anymore.

definitely sounds like anxiety to me but definitely see what your doc thinks aswell. you got this. it will pass x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.