Anxiety Attack all night.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had a huge attack last night triggered by an anxious thought, lasted all night and couldn't shake it off, actually slept for 3 hours but woke and kicked off again. My wife made me take a diazepam this morning after I broke down in floods of tears.

Horrible horrible horrible... Was speaking to mental health professional last night and she said if I get another acute anxiety episode irrespective if what caused it and having taken a diazepam it doesn't subside I should go to A&E and let them treat it as it's considered an emergency, especially if I have thoughts of harming myself (which I did, I felt like sticking a knife through my hand but didn't as I knew it was silly and self distructive, plus I'm a drummer)! 

Feeling very tired and on edge.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

i know how u feel -i had it for a week non stop.No sleep,wandering round the bedroom/upstairs -i too felt suicidal ,fortunately it stopped.my wife is a godsend .now on sertraline but anx creeps back on bad days.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Aw hope your ok now, this anxiety is a pain in the ass, glad 2 heat you didn't harm yourself, I had a really good day yesterday then bang I lost control about 8pm and have been going insane since, think im wearing my carpets out with all the pacing up and down I've been doing, take care smile xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks sugarloaf, Lesley, it was awefull felt all was lost. 

When I get an acute attack my head and thought process goes completely out the window and I actually believe I've "gone" and won't recover.

I'll put a post up about my anxiety and what it focuses on until I start to recover, I'm going to get some more CBT councelling and discuss it.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know how you feel chic, my head doesn't belong 2 me when im like that its the most horrible feeling in the world and I always feel so alone as my hubby and daughters just dont get it they do try 2 understand but I guess its hard if you've never been through it, hang in there smile xx
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up