anxiety attack in the evening!

Posted , 2 users are following.

im on escivex and clonazepam for almost a week now, my sleep is good and in the morning after taking my meds i feel ok throughout the day but when night comes i became anxious and most of the time have anxiety attacks...my heart is racing and very strong feels like its gonna jump out of my chest and my veins will explode...what i hate most is even if i try deep breathing and relax ( which usually lessen my usual anxiety attacks ) it doesn't seem to work and it worries me a lot...can you give me any advice on this? thanks!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You probably need to wait a few weeks for your medications to level and become constant in your blood stream. Many make you a bit anxious at first. You can call and ask the doctor if this is ok.
  • Posted

i see...so this is normal, i just have to endure it then...thank you...i've been really nervous coz it feels worse than before i have meds :D

• Posted

Most anxiety medication can actually make you feel worse for the first few weeks until they get into your system. The doctor told me this. I always seem to feel a bit more anxious than normal in evening to. Not really sure why. Maybe because we are doing things to distract us during the day and later on we are not doing as much. Hope you feel better soon. Try and not worry. Xxx
  • Posted

what are yu anxious about at night?

rich

• Posted

i don't really know...ill just start to feel anxious...more like a panic attack and lasts for about 30 mins
  • Posted

at least it is only 30 minutes. Try and control your breathing breath deep and slow. This should calm you down.

rich

• Posted

yes im trying really hard to calm down whenever i feel that but sometimes the palpitations are too strong and i was overwhelmed by it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.