Anxiety attack in work right now. HELP!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. I've been off work for a week and now its my first day back, my heart is fluttering and I have this weird flutter in my stomach as well like hunger feeling but I'm not hungrey if that makes sense. I feel just really jittery and my mind is racing with all sorts. I always seem to have these at work. I feel likesomething bad is going too happen. My heart is fluttering on and off. Help! :'(

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

sounds like thoracic outlet syndrome google it
    • Posted

thats what doctors tell you when they cant figure it out
    • Posted

I know how she feels im the same we haven't got any weird disorder or problem we simply have bad anxiety that causes such physical symptoms we think its something else with the right support we can get through it its so hard especially when u think u have everything wrong with u but unfortunately saying to look something up on Google for her to self diagnose herself even more is a extremely bad idea as that's only going to make her feel worse! I know it would me this is why im in this situation too because I'm constantly self diagnosing myself with illnesses I certainly haven't got! Please stay away from Google when it comes to symptoms and anxiety because it makes ur problems 1000x worse by telling u you have everything wrong with u so i think personally what u just said was wrong i know u may be saying it to help but in our case it certainly doesn't!
  • Posted

Hi hun u are the exact same as me!! Iv also been of work a week it was my first day back yesterday and I got sent home because I had a panic attack in work im petrified of going back in case it happens again right now my heart feels really fluttery but its pounding as well and iv got pains in my stomach exactly how u describe them a bit like hunger pains but im not hungry! Its awful im boiling hot and im starting to shake because the flutteryness in my heart is making me panic and think what if this time its a heart attack sad im scared stiff and don't know what to do to calm down or take the feeling away!! Your not alone hun but I totally sympathise with how your feeling at this moment I feel I need to rush to hospital to get checked over in case this time its a "heart attack" and not anxiety! ! sad please reassure yourself it's anxiety I know its extremely hard amd the flutteryness makes u think otherwise but I feel like I need to be sick with it aswell sad is they anything u take or do to calm u down when u had this before? Xx
    • Posted

Hi Laura, thanks for your reply. It always happens at work, I've got agoraphobia as well so I'm a nervous wreck at the moment. I've had ecgs came back fine but ever since my doctor referred me too a cardiologist I've been so much worse cause I think there's something wrong with my heart now. I just want too go home and go to bed. sad
    • Posted

Your welcome yep again im the same except mine seems to be wherever I go! Im currently sat watching tv and I'm shaking like a leaf and my heart is so fluttery and pounding I feel so sick! Try to deep breathe until u go home then get a nice hot bath amd relax urself before u go bed once again easier said than done but please try hun and regarding the cardiologist it will be just to double check there's nothing wrong otherwise it would be on ur ecgs and blood tests same with me iv had 6 ecgs and blood tests but they was all fime yet im still not convinced that theres nothing wrong other than anxiety I feel my hearts getting crushed ans I have a choking feeling at back of my throat right now sad my doctor won't even send me to a cardiologist so im worried they guna miss something in not doing that but please believe me when I say im the same right now its anxiety hun its a terrible terrible thing and we WILL get through it stay strong! X
  • Posted

your lymphatic fluid is building up do to bad posture, neck problems sleeping on stomache believe me
  • Posted

just relax your sending your body into fight or flight when you get that feeling, take mucinex and drink plenty of water and advil not tight clothes and keep your neck straight when looking at computer or phone so you dont cut off the flow
    • Posted

I've suffered with panic anxiety and depression since I was 14 I know what's wrong and what's not but thank you anyway!
    • Posted

Would of thought I'd be use too it, but they frighten me so much. Had a banana now so feeling a little bit better still Shakey though. Mail me anytime hun when you feel bad. And I try to reply asap. smile thanks both. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.