Anxiety attack on waking

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have been told i have anxiety only. Not depression. Not anything else. Can anyone relate to having jumbled thoughts whilst sleeping (dreaming?), then starting to wake very agitated, rolling and moaning.  When fully awake having taken a diazepam able to chat and eat breakfast.  Whats going on? Anti deps made me ill so i am not taking them, seroquel made no difference. I am very worried about my health.  I do feel down all day.  How can they say its only anxiety?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann, I feel sorry for you. Having those racing thoughts at night and agitated morning must be difficult. Honestly, we find it equally difficult to diagnose patients in psychiatry. Symptoms of anxiety and depression overlaps. Also, having only anxiety in the past doesn't mean you are immune to depression. From your description of jumbled thoughts, agitation etc. I suspects bipolar disorder. But I really can't tell through the screen.

Whether you have anxiety only or with depression/bipolar, learning some relaxing techniques can be useful. If you already learn some and find them useless, I suggest you try this one (http:// bit. ly/2yC2U72). It is based on the latest scientific evidence and my patients finds it very helpful.

• Posted

Thanks for reading my post.

i have asked psychiatrist no 3 if i have any bipolar and he says definitely not as there is no mood swinging or spells of grandiosity etc. I feel anxious and he says that is what it is.  He has told me to use cbt and prescribed no new meds, i am left to deal with it with valium low dose.

your advice is useful and i may need to take it up again with him.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.