Anxiety back at its worst

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on fluxetene in the day and trimipramine at night. My anxiety is due to noisey neighbours and I have tried to get help from the council and landlords but no results and they still next door renting. The dad was poorly and passed away just before Xmas so for the last 6 months they have been quiet. But the other day we heard screaming at 10pm from my room. As we talked with my daughter they stopped. But at midnight the girl was deliberately screaming every 10 minutes until 2am!!!.

Anyway to cut the story short since that night I have had the worst anxiety I have ever had. I can not breath...I feel my heart is too fast and my nerves/muscle is twinkling. I feel soon tired I can not sleep. So I started to take my med again. Is it me or is it my neighbours being inconsiderate that's making me very ill.

My husband had a stroke last September

..I do not want to worry him. But he knows I am not well. I haven't got the energy to speak. Just want to stay in bed...

My fear is trouble with the neighbours who are clearly inconsiderate and have been in the last 3 years!!!...what can I do??

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted


    I am sorry youvare suffering again with anxiety and as a result of your very inconsiderate neighbours.

    Firstly you need to see your GP maybe about some kind of therapy CBT or similar, I am not sure which country you are in . But The NHS provide this service free through a self referal as long as you have seen your GP.

    Are there any coping skills you can use that will help keep the pressure down .

    You also need to keep a diary of all the disturbances the neighbours are making , times, dates, etc, bI would also ask your GP for a letter that could helpnyour case with the council.

    This could help if you needed a transfer for health reasons.. or to get positive action taken against the neighbours.

    With there dad passing away just before christmas this may just be a glitch . And could be due to grieving... But then i dont know your neighbours so i may be totally wrong.

    You could also ask the council for a sound machine if the screaming continues then if the noise is over the legal limit .. They can also use this in evidence.

    Sorry for the long reply i work in the housing Section of a council so just trying to put ideas.

    But at this moment your health is more important as we know anxiety stinks x

    Good luck and let us know how you get on x

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Thank you. I am definitely taking notes again. I'm glad I found this to say how I am feeling. The influx of negative thoughts of what can happen send electricity tru my body. The neighbours are Latvians. And strong men I know can do harm to my husband. My husband had a stroke in September last and we could do without the anxiety. I wish that someone in the authority would help instead of waiting for something bad to happen before they take action.

      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up