Anxiety back with a vengence

Posted , 4 users are following.

So ive suffered with anxiety for 3 years now, but usually have it under control with my sertraline meds. This weekend, out of the blue, i had a severe attack which has knocked me for 6! Feel like im right back to the start where i was 3 years ago. Not eating and hardly sleeping. And my mind just wont stop.

im looking for any advise to help me stop and get back to where i was. The dr has given me diazepam to get me through a couple of days but its not a permanent solution so i just need to retrain my brain to thinking normally again.

Please help me guys :-(

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna,

What form does your anxiety take? You say you have suffered for 3 years. Have you taken sertraline all that time?  What caused your attack at the weekend? You need to ask yourself what happened to make you so anxious. As you have said yourself - you need to retrain your brain and I know from personal experience that this is a lot easier said than done but that doesn't make it impossible. You need to practice deep breathing exercises. You also need to make a list of those things that make you anxious and ask yourself why and are they things that could possibly harm you or do you just imagine so. Take things slowly, plan things so have no need to rush and perhaps go back to your GP and discuss things more thoroughly.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You will never be that person from three years ago. You have too much knowledge now. Anxiety waxes and wanes. You beat it before and you know you will beat it again. Try mindfullness techniques and energy healing is really comforting. You will beat this again you have prooven to yourself you can and have. Love yourself and accept it as a setback but believe and know you will absolutely get through this again. Anxiety is a like a bully, its not comforting and it will manioulate you so use your mund and tell yourself all lovely things and  tell yourself you love yourself and you are derving of a happy life. Say it a hundred times a day because the negative self talk probably goes on constantly. Nold on and know you are so much stringer and wiser then three years ago. God bless and feel better soon, as you will.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Donna it is not uncommon for you to have a relapse. We all do.

When I have them all my legs tingle to the soles of my feet.

We have to try and live life the best we can by doing things to take our mind off whether it is swimming, volunteer work.

If you tell your doctor your mind won't switch off he may give you a sleeping pill.

Talking therapy helps also.

Let me know how you get on.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi everyone, im back. After everything settled down for so long, had a relapse today and beside myself. How can it just creep up on you like that out of the blue?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know! Donna I had it 11 years ago age 26... I had a rough time then though so knew what caused it.

Christmas Day of all days, no warnings I had the most almighty panic attack. I'm in a good place in my life. Stressful job and home but always managed with no problem.

I had an hystorectomy 18 months ago and took a week off work...so I don't take time off easy.

Since Christmas I haven't been right. Anxiety most days and panic that bad I went to a and e after a collapse.

The doc prescribed me 2mg diazepam to get my anxiety under control for a few days... On only took 3 in total over the 2 days and went without... How I don't know.

Now I am on 20mg fluoxetine and this week again, panic attacks and anxiety 😱

5 weeks on fluoxetine and I'm still not right.

Why? I dunno? I totally understand where you coming from Hun x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey ladies, how are you all getting along with your anxiety issues at the mo? Mine is back again! I have been fine all year up until now...why start now?!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up