Anxiety bad

Posted , 6 users are following.

I don't know if I can take this anymore. Heart beat is so fast feel so ill

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If i gave you a crystal ball that showed you this is an adrenaline rush and purely cause and effect of the adrenaline would that convince you?  I dont want to scare you further i just want you to know thats why his is the top notch classic symptom of anxiety and there can be about a hundred other symptoms easy. So if this is the worst one you have your gp can give you blood pressure med used off label and slow that down. It wont allow the adreanline to effect it. Mindful exercises work on this. You need to acquire yourself an anxiety workbook. I know its awful i also know there are other real crazy things that can happen too. It all sucks not taking that from you one drop..but on the strangest note be grateful this is all you are getting. 
  • Posted

Please remember that Rapid  heart rate related to anxiety cannot hurt or kill you! It is very uncomfortable and scary but it's harmless. 

when I get the fast heart  rate the first thing I do is lie down on my back, close my eyes, breathe in slowly and deeply through my nose while my stomach rises then blowout slowly just like you would blow out a candle.  Do this several times. When you're blowing out, picture all the stress being blown out. 

another thing that really helps me is listening to meditative audios found on YouTube. 

Type in the search area "meditation for anxiety ".  They really calm you down including the heart rate. There are so many of them just use the ones you like. 

I  use earbuds to listen but you don't have to.

try to keep busy and not think about this because it will build up in your mind and make you feel worse. 

• Posted

Hello Jessie.

Yes the symptoms you describe are all classic signs of "anxiety" , i know as i suffer from those symptoms on a regular basis.

If you visit your GP / Doctor they can help and will make you an appointment with the “Well Being” service and you can also be referred to a counsellor.

I know it is scary and daunting to seek help and of course there is a stigma attached to mental health, most people out there do not like to talk about it and so it is all too easy for others to brush aside and quickly change the subject , they do not have time or really want to deal with people like me and you regarding our complex mental health issues.

?It is not easy to make the first step to get help but it is worth doing and you are not alone with this problem, the best therapy i have found for mental health issues is to talk about it with others that know what you are going through , this is the most important step you can take to break the cycle of anxiety and depression from my experience over the last two years.

Hope this helps you further , Neil.

• Posted

This used to help me when id have a fast heart beat,run ice cold water over your wrists,i dont know if its the distraction or what,but it used to calm me and slow my heart rate down. Xx
  • Posted

Jessie,Sorry to hear this.Anxiety isn't good.OK please go & get to your health food shop. They will help, eg Rescue remedy, for day & night.Lavender. oil in a burner or on your pillow.Calming relaxation Cds. Try & get to see a Reflexologist, very good for Anxiety.Regards Amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.