Anxiety Barrier

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey

Basically I am stuck in a cylce of anxiety I have had minor/very little anxiety for a few years, but 2 weeks ago all of a sudden I've been hit with a blanket of anxiety that I can not get rid of no matter what I try I used to just accept it and get over it now all of a sudden every time I try and forget it think positive it just keeps comming back.

The thoughts I have relate to noise for example if I hear a bang are thud ,sirens and airplane noises I have a sort of an adrenline rush as if something bad is going to happen i.e. war I have never experienced war now all of a sudden I keep thinking its going to happen. Firstly I have sust the problem as been media I have taken measures to stop myself from watching media.

Is there any Ideas on how I can get out of these negative thoughts and stop noises worrying me the reason i ask is because I am 19 and neally finished my diploma now all of a sudden anxiety feels like it is preventing me. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What you describe are classical symptoms of anxiety.   The adrenaline rush is a panic attack.  

As your education is at risk I suggest you see a doctor.   He will probably prescribe a talking therapy and/or medication.

• Posted

Yes the weird thing is that I my anxiety isn't about my eduction although about noises I believe it is hyperacusus but I could be wrong it's hard to block out noise in every day life is there anything else I can do as well a seen the doctor in the mean time. This is because currently my gp surgery is closed on weekends. Thanks
    • Posted

I did not say that your anxiety was about your education. 

I think it very unlikely you have hyperacusis - much more likely it is the anxiety.   My anxiety is pretty much under control, but loud noises still make me jump out of my skin.    

How about ear plugs?

• Posted

I've tried ear plugs but vibrations etc make me take them out because I get worried i don't think it helps also I am deeply worried with what is actually wrong because I've got thyroid issues, fibromyalgia so I think I over think things seems like my whole sensory system is really reactive. I've also tried using headphones listening to stuff but background noise in what I'm listening to makes me think there is something going on

ye sorry about my constant ranting

• Posted

hi

​you can always use a beta blocker to stop the adrenaline, ask your do

​take care

• Posted

If you are having issues with tinnitus use a fan when you sleep to balance the sound. White noise helps drown it out. Very imprtant to keep busy in time your brain will rewire away from you hearing it as acutely as you do know. An ear nose nd throat doctor and a dentiadt..one who specializes in tmj are the doc tinnirus and your GP for anxiety.  Change your diet as well strong connection with allergies. They have vitamins made for tinnitus too. Lipo flavonoids its says it on the box for tinnitus. Gingo biloba supposedly helps i did use it for a while but messed with blood pressure so i stopped using it. Mine is TMJ related and  allergy thing.You dont mention any meds you are on thats also a side effect. Tinnitus is pesky and mind ratteling but usualy nothing serious. Ranges from ear issues to allergies to tmj. Stop all caffiene completely and no nsaids if you are on nothing and give it a week. I have issues on and off with tinnitus and its really annoying but i know with me its tmj or foods i ate. If you clench or grind your teeth see your dentist they have mouth gaurds to help, must be soft gaurd. They even sell then in the pharmacies, but they arent a custom fit.  In terms of panic attacks thats a different story and allow your GP to guide you. Any illness triggers anxiety attacks with people who have anxiety. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your input. I'll hopefully get to see my gp soon which can aid me and possible recommend a solution to my issue anxiety is bizarre how it always wins specially with no matter what you try I've found mini hypnosis YouTube videos aid with resent adrenaline/panic attacks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.