Anxiety can do 1 !!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey ladies and gents I have suffered with GAD. For years I'm 29 years old ! I had a flare up of anxiety in November luckily our councilling service where I live is amazing and fast I have had councilling and now I'm going straight into CBT. It's been so so hard but I'm learning to enjoy life ... I convinced myself I was dying for months and months and it took over my life .... the hardest part for me is excepting you have good days and bad days ... but just keep in mind that are many good days to follow 👌🏼.... I used to hide my anxiety I was ashamed but now I face it head strong and I'm not afraid to admit I suffer with it ! That's all I wanted to say 😊

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Neeka.

Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us today, it is nice to see the positive effects of counselling and therapy sessions.Great stuff !

• Posted

Well said darl. I've been doing brilliant now for about 3 months but today had a really bad set back with it and like you say it's excepting the bad days do happen and just get on with it. I went to CBT and it really helped me x

• Posted

It's so lovely to hear a positive experience!! Thank you!! I was feeling rather low today after a panic attack last night...I too spend half of my life convinced that I am about to die!! I start CBT on Friday and you have just made me feel so much more positive that it is going to help me!! Thank you for sharing!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.