Anxiety causing severe pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have suffered with ANXIETY for quite some time. My mom also has anxiety and depression and doctors seem to think its genetic. Just this past October, I was in my last semester of college and this was when my anxiety got really bad and has been getting worse ever since. I was in and out of the hospital for what i thought was a "heart attack" only to find out I was having a panic attack. I would leave the hospital feeling so sad because the doctors are saying im perfectly healthy but i feel so horrible. POST graduation everything has got worse constant doctor appointments, given meds that dont help me, racing heart and panic while falling asleep, I have internal vibrations and just recently horrible stomach pain that i just got checked for and tests were all normal. Every test I have taken has came back normal but my body says other wise. I know its anxiety because I am always anxious and worried to the point i make myself sick. I just want to know some ways i can cope with this to make my life better because im in so much pain from my anxiety that i cant work or really do anything for myself. PLEASE help any advice will help.!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i can understand and sympathize your pain. i also suffer with the same thing. i visited the ER 60 times last year, thinking I was dying. It has been a horrible road but learning your triggers and learning how to retrain your mind and thought process is key. see .. for me my mind is on a vicious negative thought cycle. you can't let this battle of anxiety win and run your life. i know its easier said than done. believe me I still struggle. but the second you get a panick or negative thought, when you have a weird ache or pain in your body, for every negative thought, youve got to think of 10 positive ones. or when your in panick, and you feel like your dying.... do your five senses .... touch something near by.... find something to focus on, smell something.... or use lavender oil.... dab some on your wrists. ... wake up thankful to be alive .... those what helps me. hope this helps ..... oh another thing..... not saying this is the case for you.... but don't give up... if you feel something is really wrong with your body, get a second opinion.... i could not believe my doc when I have the worst headache of my life for a year now and my doc knows I have health anxiety.... tryed blaming migraine .... well I finally found a doc who tested me.... and found a tumor! my story and case though ...... not yours.

• Posted

I am so worried about myself I just feel so sick all the time im hoping it gets better. Ive had all kinds of tests and they cant ever find anything wrong.

• Posted

hang hang in there it'll get better. you'll have really good days and you'll have some really bad days... just learn how to appreciate and embrace the good ones

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.