Anxiety/cocaine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have suffered with anxiety for around s year I would get chest pains struggle to breath pins and needles. I stupidly done cocaine Saturday night, which I won't touch again and Sunday night I started getting pain radiating up my jaw arms and chest. I went hospital egg and bloods were fine got sent home but 4 days later I'm still getting In jaw chest and back. I don't no whether to go back or its just my anxiety taken over. I no it was stupid to do it

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry but you're just begging for anxiety if you're doing cocaine
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Maybe he shouldn't have done it, maybe it did give him bad anxiety. But he said he won't touch the stuff again as it's obviously scared him, why can't you either just give advice or don't comment at all?
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yeah, I get all those symptoms with anxiety, you've probably got a bit of PTSD, the cocaine may have triggered anxiety, which you're now being anxious about and in turn is causing more anxiety. Unfortunately it's a vicious circle. If you've had reassurance from the doctors that there's nothing wrong, you really need to focus on that. Think about it logically.

Try out some breathing exercises and mindful meditation on YouTube, anything just to relax your mind. Keep busy, make sure you always have something to do, whether it be reading, drawing, playing video games. Try and much as possible to carry on as normal, the more you stop doing things because you're anxiety, the more it'll take over. I'm still battling it, I'm better than I was but as I type this I'm sat on the bus with a pain in my chest and left arm, shallow breathing, knotted stomach and dizziness all from being anxious, but I refuse to let it control me. All I want to do is get off the bus but I know that will be worse as I won't be at my destination. N

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you I've had chest pain with anxiety but never pain in my neck jaw I also feel sick are these commercials n symptoms of anxiety. I've been going to work but suffering at work and just want to go home
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I wake up most mornings in such a state that I'm sick. I also get jaw pains, not so much neck but I've heard many people who do. It's from the muscle tension, for instance I clench my jaw without even realising I'm doing it. It's all a response to the anxiety. The main thing is acceptance, but it's not as simple as just telling yourself that you accept it, you need to retrain your brain into accepting that it's only anxiety. That's why a lot of people go to therapy or CBT, meds can numb he symptoms but are by no means a cure.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've done the same thing, new years I did about half a gram (bad idea) and will not be having it again, set me off on a downward spiral of constant panick attacks and derealization. Wrt the pains , I had the same and as far I I can tell it was all paranoia from the coke and panick attachks because I thought you know people do od, wonder if it happened to me and I'm gonna die, but good new s I didn't and symptoms have subsided to pre coke levels! Took about 2 weeks, hang in there xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

was extremely close to going to hosital but just ended up riding it out, hot showers vitamin c and beer helped me through the first 5 days, showers to calm me down, beer (just 1 or 2) as a depresent instead of a stimulant, and apparently vit c works so just took it, no harm in it i guess haha! theres no harm in getting checked out again though it will put your mind at ease 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

arms yes, lots, thought i had blood clots or something dire (i didnt btw!) not so much jaw, only a little bit and i think that was to do with the jaw clenching! 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up