anxiety controlling my life :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Feeling so fed up. Been suffering anxiety for months. I would mostly get chest pains in the evening but now its all day and night, constantly worrying that I am going to die. I've even got to the point where I am getting obsessed by what I eat, such as something even just a little bit unhealthy I start getting chest pains afterwards and start telling myself I may have a heart attack or something. I know its alot of maybes and what ifs, im just so scared sad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kerry 

I am the same I am lying here now feeling like it and scared to go to sleep by myself. I've even slept with my mum a few times on bad nights and I am 24 years old. How old are you? How did your panic attacks start? I've started cognitive behaviour therapy I've heard it really helps and my friend recommended hypnotherapy..I'm ready to try anything! I don't understand why my chest feels like this all the time and why I feel my hearts just going to stop sad you're not alone! The way I look at it when I read everyone's comments on here is that so many of us are suffering the same symptoms and we are all still alive and not had a heart attack lol..just a light hearted way to look at it! It's all horrible symptoms that 

• Posted

Our brain is controlling! Sorry the first comment sent without me finishing. I hope you're ok! Mimi x
    • Posted

Thank you for replying! I am 27, I know what u mean though mums are very reasurring. I had my first panic attack a few years back but never suffered too bad in terms of chest pain then I just had alot of panic attacks in social situations like I would worry when I got on buses that I would be sick infront of everyone so would get off the bus earlier than I needed lol...it was a nightmare for ages. Recently had a lot of chest pains and started suffering with panic attacks again but definitely more related to fear of dying or fear of heart attacks etc. Like you say I try and tell myself ive felt like this everyday but im still ok....as such despite the anxiety! Hipe u also feel better too, ive heard good things about cbt so I hope it works out for u! I think therapy is definitely my next step! Kerry x
    • Posted

For me when my anxiety peaks I get a very dry mouth and throat,and feel like I might choke. I have had the chest pains at times though, its a terrible side to anx
    • Posted

Ive suffered the dry mouth/throat terribly, that comes and go, the chest pain is my worst problems follwed by the fear of something happening
  • Posted

Kerry, so sorry you are feeling these emotions.  Please see a therapist to get feedback on your anxieties.  Much of what we worry about never comes true.  Thus, we worry for nothing.cheesygrin. Tell yourself, "I am not having a heart attack" over and over until you believe it.   Occupy your mind with something else other than your health.  Read a good book.  Take a walk and enjoy nature. Seeing your primary doctor to rule out any physical problems might help put your mind at ease.
    • Posted

Thank you steadfast, ur definitely right, the likelihood that's is all worry over nothing is probably more than we all realise. Im booked to see my doctor to discuss everything and sort out my next steps. I will try what you say by telling myself ts not a heart attack or distracting myself with something I enjoy. I also find I get irritable very easil. Hopefully will start to feel better soon, thanks so much for your advice and help
    • Posted

Hi again Kerry 

I just had my first hypnotherapy session! I would recommend it! I am feeling positive but am going to do a few sessions to make sure it's working for me. I just googled ones in my area and rang a few to get a feel for them and then chose one. The lady I saw was great I really opened up to her and I felt better today than I did coming out of my CBT sessions. Obviously everyone has different things that work for them but if your willing to try a few different things to help you I definitely recommend! X

• Posted

Hey mimi, Thats great im glad it went well! Right now im willing to try anything I just want to feel happy again, thanks for the advice smile good luck and hope you get on well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.