Anxiety creeping in while hubby away...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello lovely people...

So been on this site for a while on week 13 of cit and am generally feeling much better...however...my hubby has gone back to work now and is away for 3 weeks...and I am already counting the days til he is home.

I feel anxious in my tummy again...but I feel much more able to cope mentally so hoping that will get me through 😊 I just need to curb the self doubt talk in my head!!

What I am looking for it tips for helping keeping the mind calm so that it doesn't spiral. I don't want to be counting down the minutes I want to get through this and be happy doing it 😊

Give me your tips and tell me it's all going to be okay πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

thank you πŸ’–

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I don't have any tips sorry, just take each day as it comes, do things you would normally do. Do you have children? I think everyone who has kids and a partner working away for so long would be anxious. I would be. X
    • Posted

Yeah I have 2 gorgeous boys...9 and 7. Thankfully 3 weeks is his longest trip x
  • Posted

I have a 23 month old and a 4 year old, I panic when my husband works away for a few days. Hope it passes fast for you x
    • Posted

Me too..but at the same time I don't want to wish my life away waiting on him coming back 😊

Thank you x

• Posted

Hi, I read a really good book which explains in simple terms what is going on with your body and gives you simple tips on how to cope with them, it's called self help for your nerves, I got it on Amazon. I've just started to read it again.
  • Posted

Yommy, hi there! My husband leaved with my elserst son to go on a business trip tomorrow. I know three weeks is a long time without your support at home, but take it one day at a time. Mine are only gone for 3 days and I am dreading it, but at least I have my younger son with me, and he is open to bribery when I ask him to sleep upstairs with me. So the plan is that you are going to hold it together, do as much as you can with your boys, have early nights, have toast for dinner if that is all you're up to making. So I am doing week 10 and totally get the feeling, so we can start a daily count down and keep that self doubt at bay. Post every day if you have to and we will do our best to keep you happy. I know it is daunting, but think about how much stronger you have become already. You are going to rock this thing. Lots of love, Lee. x
    • Posted

Thank you Lee...

I am definitely taking it one day at a time...it Wednesday morning for me so I'm already half way through the first week...yipeeeeee 😊

I am doing plenty of reading and keeping myself busy...and like you I enjoy a more tidy house when he is gone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I will use this thread as a diary and before I know it he will be home 😊

• Posted

Hey xxx each time you think 'what if ...' And it's something horrid, spin it round to what if ... Something nice happens instead. I'm becoming the master of getting rid of my horrid what ifs! Lees plan seems good too, busy up your days, don't stress about cooking, cleaning etc and take each day at a time and they'll be back before you know it and you'll be so proud of yourself for coping xxx much love xxx
    • Posted

That's a really good idea, to turn it around to a positive, thank you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.