anxiety crewe cheshire

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been looking for local support groups but there is nothing in my area which I find really disheartening! Just wondered if anyone is local(ish), Crewe, cheshire so we could support each other. I talk to family and friends but there's only so much they can take!

Many thanks x

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

The reason there's few is because despite what you may think, a group of anxiety sufferers is actually a really bad thing. People tend to become codependent, which is bad for everyone
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Elouise,  I tend to agree with jmcg that people do become codependent on each other. I have in the past been to groups and you either get someone that clings onto you. In a mental health friendship group i once belonged It was dominated by a couple of people that came with horrendous problems each week that it became intolerable and upsetting for others. In this case the person needed therapy but used a social group to off load everything. Have you thought about looking up local meet up groups. I now belong to a great group, i meet some lovely people and we go for meals and other events. I don't know about their lives and they don't know about mine. If you need support for mental health either Counselling, CBT, Samaratians or forums like this whereby its annonamous and you don't become codependent. I hope this helps.

Elizabeth.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi. Thanks for replying, it's great that you have found a good group, is it just a social group - as in not related to mental health at all? I'll look Into it

I've just started counselling so hopefully that will help too

Best wishes

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi, Group is not related to mental health. It is good that you are going to Counselling. When you feel ready google local meet up groups, you will get a 25 mile radius of groups. Some are general that are for any age range, male / female, some are for under 50 or over 50, holiday groups, sports, walking, meals out etc. We are going for a Sunday meal next week, i only attend daytime as i have to travel 15 miles and transport is limited at night. If you want groups for mental health the Mind organisation have drop ins. Good luck with your Counselling. I have had Counselling many times and group therapy, i have been to confidence building classes and did a RSA in Counselling skills. I am at the stage where i want to try and enjoy my life, i am partially disabled so i struggle at times. I always feel accepted by the meet ups. 

Best wishes.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up