Anxiety Depersonalisation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I was on paroxatine for 17yrs and then the doctor swapped me to sertraline 100mgs. But it didn’t really work for me. So I’m back on paroxatine now and av been on 20mgs for the past 9days. I was just wondering how long do you think they’ll take to start kicking in again, also I’m suffering with depersonalisation? The doctor said that this is due to my anxiety and panic attacks. Can any1 relate to this please as it’s really scary and makes me panick even more. Any advice or reassurance please 🌹

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debra. I have just read your post having started a similar discussion myself. I was interested to see that you have gone back to Paroxetine from Sertraline. How are you finding the transition? How long were you advised to taper off the Sertraline before you started on the Paroxetine? I hope it works well for you this time.
    • Posted

Hi Helen I only dropped from 100mgs of sertraline to 50mgs for a week. Then started back on paroxatine . I’m just the paroxatine don’t take that long to kick back in 🌹

• Posted

Hi Debra

I’m on sertraline 100mg a day I think every anti depressants work different  on different people maybe you need to wait for few weeks I would also recommend CBT it really helped me with my anxiety and panic attacks also if you can find mundfullness classes which also helped me. Hope that will help . Good luck 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.