Anxiety & depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

Feeling positive this morning no knots in my stomach orgoing to the toilet feel I want to get out of bed and do things. Hope I have turned a corner it's been a few weeks of hell feeling so low , sad ,wanting to be on my own , no interest in anything all part of the illness,think the citalopram is kicking in now. Just letting everyone out there who is the same its does get better . X

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Nice to hear Jean. ....just take 1 day at a time...like you I myself am starting to get back to my normal self........ take care
    • Posted

Ethan How long did it take you to get back on track? I'm hoping I'm going forward now or will I have good days and bad hope not x
    • Posted

I started to feel the difference at about 6/7 weeks....week 10 was the point the depression started to lift....still pops back just to let me know it's still around but coping alot better I guess u just have to ride it out....take care hope u get there soon
  • Posted

That's wonderful. How many weeks have you been on them now?
    • Posted

Hello staci

Only been on them 2 weeks.Reading what over people have gone through they say it usually takes a few weeks for the medication to kick in so hope im not running before I can walk staying positive x

• Posted

So sorry you went through emotional pain cita definitely will kick in for sample you may be in the middle of doing a chore like. washing dishes or whatever and all of a sudden You will notice hey I feel pretty good and this black cloud that hovered over your head will be no more. Like Maya Angelou said we should live as if we were trailing clouds of glory...thank you for sharing your story.
  • Posted

that is good to hear.  gives some hope.  perhaps that's a drug i can try.. cause right now i am not doing so well
  • Posted

Excellent news Jean, but as one forumer has said "one day at a time" and that is the best advice.

I am currently on 40mg and Doc is going to consider starting reducing me in a couple to three months, my next appt is in two (unless anything happens!) so she may even start me then. It  just depends on how I've been doing.

At the moment I am pretty good. Recently though I have been having the odd downer about once a week, although they started coming once a day. Now that was at around 9pm and I take me tablets around 10pm so, it may have had something to do with that. It may have been brought on by work related communications as we are coming to an agreed termination  of my contract. Yesterday, the emails were from morning to late afternoon and, at last, I think we have a concensuss. Since yesterday I have been feeling ok, I am aware that the thing that put me here in the first place may soon be behind me, but I can easily slip back into a downer! So, just trying to go with the flow, accept that you may relapse and take everything else as a positive, even coming through a bad patch!.

Please try and do that yerself Jean, remember we're always here to help (as everyone has been for me).

As I have documented by arrival and journey to this point, I shall be doing the same coming off. Now, that is going to be interesting, but I am not as scared as I was when I joined. I have learnt so much here and have the comfort of forum friends and vertual hugs!

Have a good weekend.

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.